Chapter Thirty-One

"When did you start to fall in love with me?"

I rapidly flutter my eyes, confused on where the abrupt question came from. His cocky tone, his smirk, he's teasing me.

"Stop joking around." I shift my torso away, staring at the darkened window.

"Okay okay—but really tell me." I turn my head dragging along my eyes a second behind. He leans and kissed under my ear, sending chills down my neck.

"When I first saw you." He clicks his tongue and pulls his body away from mine. "No I mean it—well I thought you were attractive."

"You thought that I was attractive?"
"Yes I thought you were attractive."
"Really?"
"Leon...yes."

I bite my lip annoyed that his response was so shocked. My eyes tense, seeing a shadow under the door. Suddenly my hand flies to Leon's mouth, covering it abruptly. I use my eyes to target the door, once Leon follows he does the same.

The door knob rattles, I hide behind some cabinets as Leon sims his pistol at the door. Eyes locked on the simple movement. Light taps fill the silence, countering the door knob shifting.

"It's Chris." Leon whispers, tucking his gun away. He gently opens the door, I'm met with those same dark brown eyes from before.

"Y/N..." He sprints, making sure his heavy boots aren't able to echo throughout the tile. His big arms wrap around my arms, I stretch them out as much as I can. My eye turns seeing Leon with a familiar glare, he's a bit jealous isn't he—ever since we defeated Simmons. "I am so sorry." His grip increases, as the pressure squishes my shoulders. "I thought I was helping you, I had orders—it was all Nikolai."

"Chris, it's okay." He releases me, holding me in place.

"No it's not, I should've listened to you." As he rapidly shakes his head the lights come back on. "I'll never make it up to you, but I'll repay my debt." He finally releases his hold, taking a few breaths before turning around to Leon, the toxic stare never leaving his face. "Right...sorry Leon. Uhm is he?" He turns to me curious of his behavior.

"Ever since we got Wesker he's been a big jealous." Leon's stare grows more angry than curious.

"I'm not, I'm just upset that you took so long to arrive—we could've gotten hurt." I smile, and quickly walk over to him.

"We didn't." I turn back to Chris. "The DSO sent you?"

"Yes, the BSAA should be covering the area now." My sigh reaches across the room, the light at the window giving me hope.

"First time I didn't run, thank you." I turn my head, telling them both the simple but grateful phrase. Leon's eyes meet mine a slight smirk appearing on his face, he knows what I meant.

"Let's go home—" Leon's body nudges closer to me, as I watch his eyes roll back. My scream echoing as the claw extends backwards. I clasp onto his torso, as a string of blood leaks from his mouth.

"Leon! Leon please!" I squeeze him closer, as the wooden door swing open. The noise of Chris's gun cocking behind my ears. "You're not leaving me this way."

My hands push upon his wound, Chris rips something, quickly handing me the curtain that was on the window. As I apply pressure, I noticed my hands dripping with blood.

Blood....

I don't—I can't—

I smell the scent unable to peel myself away from it. My teeth grit as I crave my taste of it, Leon's blood. My hand extends clasping the claw going straight for me, my eyes look upward seeing the familiar face finally meet mine.

"Nikolai..." I mutter, as his low chuckle fills the echos of our room.

"He's dead you know, one fatal blow is all it took." He smiles, all his teeth showing, he's the monster.

"You're next." I snap his claw, the blood squirting on the walls, his extension flipping around like a hose with no grip. His screams intensifying as he slams himself against the wall. "Chris pass me a knife." He tosses it to me, I slit my wrist and hold it over Leon's wound.

"What—Y/N what the hell are you doing?!" The drops fall.

"Using my virus, I was able to heal myself...maybe if he refuses to drink blood it can still work. Take him away." As I finish up, I use bedsheets to tie up the open cut. I stand up and walk around his body, seeing that Nikolai has ran away.