Chapter Nine

I get up and walk away, I go to the side where Arias died. Look out, seeing the night sky peacefully come to an end. I close my eyes and take every second of this moment to relax, and clear my mind. I kick shatter glass off the building as my mind wanders, I hear footsteps, I raise my head. I turn slightly, seeing him hold his arm, standing next to me, we both watch the sun rise.

"I didn't mean to disappear, but I needed to fight this battle myself." I tell him, he sighs and shifts his hand on his arm.

"I should've understood before, why you left. I felt myself slipping arriving to the scene, knowing your DNA was found on those men." The wind picks up, as I get a nice cold shiver. "I shouldn't have been such an jackass." I chuckle.

"I don't blame you. After this, I still have to run, no matter how much I hate to." I turn to look at him, noticing his soft gaze already on mine.

"I found the cameras of this building, I saw you with that man." I walk to the edge, sitting down, letting my feet dangle. "Jack Foster? Was that his name?" I nod.

"My father's second man, he's a psychopath, he kills women who don't accept him. To him I was a objective, to take and kill. At the room, he told me, he was ready to just take me, and I snapped. Arias was the same, he didn't care if he followed orders or not, he wanted to kill me." I sigh and grip the edge of the roof, watching the sun come little by little.

"You've been fighting this, since then?" I nod. "Well maybe now, we can fight it together." I shake my head.

"Depends, if he'll use you, like he used Stella." I say looking up at him, I get on my feet and stand near him. "I don't want you to go like Stella did, Leon." I try walking, but he grabs my arm before I continue.

"You can't leave again, doing this by yourself?" I gently take his arm away.

"I've been doing this by myself." I walk back to Chris, as the aircraft flies back up, over us.

"One more thing left to do." Chris says, I nod in agreement as Leon walks up as well.

"So, let's do it." Leon says.

The aircraft lands on the helipad, Chris helps Rebecca up. We all go up the stairs and get in it, preparing the vaccine before fully flying out. I sit back, while Leon sits across from me. We take off, and release the gas to the city. I look out the window, staring at the city, the sun shining a bit through the window. Peaceful ride as we pass by the buildings, Rebecca clutches her blanket and turns to us.

"And once again, we find ourselves back to where we started." I look over at her, seeing her pleased smile.

"What do you mean?" Chris asks, turning towards Rebecca.

"We got the bad guys, hoping we made the world a little safer." I smile at her, knowing she's the positivity we need. Chris shakes his head, until Leon calls out his name.

"Hey Chris, how much longer can we keep going on like this?" Chris leans forward, while Leon keeps his hand on his arm.

"I don't know, I never make plans that far ahead." Chris chuckles, making Leon do the same. Rebecca follows, but I only give a smile. I then playfully hit Chris's leg, he turns to look at me.

"Can we stop by somewhere, after this?" He nods, and we all turn back to the opening.

After an hour or two, we finish spreading the vaccine. Chris gives the aircrafts the directions I told him. We fly over the large fresh land of grass, making Rebecca and Leon confused. We move the tanks full of the vaccine out of the way. We land softly, I exit out of the aircraft and walk onto the grass. I see a small white flower grow out the ground, I bend and prick the flower up. I continue walking seeing the grave, I smile and lead them.