Chapter Twenty-Three

He gently places me down on the bed, as I shift on the soft mattress my movement is limited. I feel sore all around my core, I hold in my discomfort as Leon gets in bed as well. Is this why he carried me? Has he done this to other girls before? I need to shake those thoughts away, I need to leave doubt. He lays on his back, facing up, I rest my head on his chest and stare up at the ceiling too.

"I can't stay here forever." I say towards him, he then rubs my arm slowly. 

"Living together would be a good option, but we both never stay at the house for more than two weeks." I hum and shift my head. 

"Exactly, that's why I should separate myself from you. Not totally, just living wise." I shrug and check the time, seeing it get late. 

"Well, let's just enjoy this break. Since, my vacation was interrupted." I look at him disgusted.

"You're still on about that?" I scoff and look away from him. "Just be glad Rebecca contacted you and I." Silence fills the room, as we hear his clock tick by every second.

"Y/N, I want to be with you, but it'll have to be secret--I just don't want our jobs to cut in, using each other against the other." I nod. "So, you agree?"

"Yeah, of course, I don't blame you for thinking that way, and I would like that." He lightly kisses my head. "Tomorrow, I have to go and find a place for me." 

"I know, but don't make it too far or close." I chuckle a bit, and cuddle up to him more.

"I know Leon, now shut up and sleep." I smirk and close my eyes, as he wraps an arm around me. 

We both fall asleep, I slowly open my eyes, seeing the sunlight peer though. I notice it was sunlight bouncing off the wall. I rapidly blink and look around, I stretch in the bed and turn. Leon is slowly waking up as well, only moving his head around. He pulls me close as I straddle on top of him, waking him up fully. I lean my upper body, folding my arms on his chest, he grabs my thighs.

"I'm going to get dressed and search for a place." I quickly hop off of him, hearing the covers shift. I turn seeing him sitting up, I go to his bathroom, taking my old clothes from before. I get changed, as I put my white dirty crop top over my head, I spot Leon staring at me from the mirror. "Stop sulking."

"I'm not sulking, just thinking." He states, staying at his spot in the room. The door bell rings, he grabs a random shirt, putting it on as he goes towards the door. I finish putting on my boots and walk out of the bathroom, the door shuts as I completely leave the bedroom. "Here." Leon walks towards me and passes me a clear device. "Rebecca told you that she would give you a device."

"Yeah, I remember." I say turning it on, the screen shines bright as I start searching up a place. I then start linking my bank account to the device, being able to pay upfront. "Found a place." I then walk out, as Leon stays by the door. Leon puts his arm out, stopping me from going, I confusingly stare as he speaks up.

"I saw the tape." I instantly think back to when I tortured. "What he did to you--it seems like he wanted you to like the blood."

"I know, and I still don't know why. He had a rage for me, that I don't think was a simple grudge." He slowly opens the main door, I step out turning around towards him. 

"It's over." He tries to soften up the conversation.

"For now." I lowly say, knowing that his men are still after me.

"I'll be contacting you, so reply, I need to update the DSO and BSAA." I nod, pressing his contact, I show him. 

"I'll be waiting." I smile, he stares at me, leaning his arm on the door frame. He then grabs my cheek, pulling in me in for a lovingly kiss. He separates from me, allowing me to leave. "Now, I'll be definitely waiting." I joke, he gives me a little smirk as I step back.