Chapter Thirty-Seven

Before pushing the door all the way I felt a grip of my wrist. My anger shows as I rip away the hand from my body, losing every ounce of patience.

"Don't touch me!" I shout, looking down, embarrassed.

"Y/N..." my eyes look up, as I feel my tears form instantly.

"L-Leon..?"

"Y/N..." his hand gently touches my face, his eyes full of light, the blue sparkling brighter than I ever seen it. "I love you so damn much."

I feel his arms pull me in for a hug, we basically slam into each other. "I thought you were dead—I saw you die..." my head buried into his neck.

"I thought you were dead....I heard the DSO never saw you exit the building." I shake my head, as his voice lowers. "God you're alive....you're alive." I quickly push back tears and look at his face, feeling his hands cup my checks. "You have a scar...what happened?" His thumbs trails along my healed cut.

"Had to match with yours." I give a light chuckle, as the corner of his mouth turns upward. He quickly wipes my eyes with his thumb. "How—how are you here?" My hands travel everywhere, like I was dreaming, I didn't believe it.

"Let's move this conversation, okay?" I nod, he grabs my hand and guides me somewhere in the building. It was an office, the tag named was 'Birkin'...Sherry Birkin.

"I'm so confused." I admit.

"I'll tell you everything." Leon sits me down across from him. "Your blood, it healed my wound."

"What..?" My voice whispers. "That's—that's not possible, Rebecca just told me my blood has been inactive."

"Rebecca? You got tested with Rebecca?"

"Yes, why?" He smirks, quickly looking away.

"I think Sherry and Rebecca planned for us to meet." My brows furrow. "Somehow you cutting and making blood to blood contact was infecting me with the virus, so it was activating in my body. Since I couldn't have any blood in my system it didn't work. So after I healed, I was normal again."

"Where have you been? For months I was grieving, I was...god—" my hands fly to my face, remembering what hell I've seen. I feel his hands grab my wrists, making me look at him.

"I was taken to the hospital by Chris, the DSO transported me to a testing facility. I finally got discharged now." I quickly lean forward, lightly kissing him on the lips, he was really here. "Fuck, I've missed you." He mumbles, returning the love-filled kiss.

"When I saw that claw go through your body, I—never stopped thinking about it since. For days I would drink until I blacked out, just so I wouldn't have to wake up and see that image again." My hand gently placed itself on his cheek, grazing his perfect skin.

"Im so sorry, I can't imagine what you went through. I have to ask...what happened after I got injured?" I take my hand away, placing it onto my arm.

"Nikolai is dead." Leon's attention is focused on me, it's like he didn't want to miss a word. "I killed him." The hitch of his breath, made me feel relieved. "We fought for hours, as you can tell I got hurt in the process." I chuckle.

"Your cheek, your hand....what happened to your arm.?" I awkwardly relax my posture, unwilling to let my mind go back to that time months ago.

"He plunged a scalpel into my arm, straight through....I took care of it. The bruises went away, it was on my torso mostly and my neck." His expression turned stone cold, like he was planning something in his head. "Don't worry, I'm here, we're alive, let's just be happy."

"You're right. Sorry I'm just trying to put the pieces together." I stand up, following his movements out the door.

"Don't apologize." My weak smile is strengthened, as he gives me a kiss on the back of my hand.

"Let's go home." He leads the way, like he knows where's he's going, maybe he does.

Chris, he's been stuck at the BSAA headquarters, no wonder he never knew. Ada...how'd did she know..? She led me here, so if she visited me, she must've visited Leon as well.

"So you got tested by Sherry huh?" He looks down at me.

"Mhm, she chose me personally." I nudge him, as he holds back a smile.

"Don't try to make me jealous Leon, I just got you back."

"Same here, I've been expecting for you to tease me sooner or later."

"How soon?" My eyes look up at him, giving him that knowing stare.

"Don't tease me Y/N, I just got you back." A smile appears on my face, with a little flush rushing to my cheeks.