Chapter Twenty-Seven

I quickly slip through the armed guards, and run over to the top of the Naval ship. I jump down and use my grapple gun to throw me up into the ceiling. I grab onto pipes as the ship finishes the checking. I watch Leon walk in below me, with a woman. I squint my eyes, watching the two go into a room alone. As the door shuts, I keep quiet and watch the final two guards walk through the hall.

I leap down, and pull out a fake badge. I toss it in my pocket and feel a buzz on my watch device. The timer is counting down, I have 2 days to complete my mission. My black leather outfit shifts as I sprint towards the room, I lean close to their conversation.

"You wanna get dinner when this is all over?" Leon asks the woman.

"Sure, but full disclosure, I have a young man waiting for me." She says leaning back into her chair.

"So...?" Leon responds. I scoff as he tries to play her.

"So, it's classified." She stays getting up, she stops turning around. "For now." I angrily open the door, her expression shocked. I narrow my eyes seeing that she's the same woman from the white house.

I step into the room more, revealing my presence. She takes a step-back, as I walk forward....she's scared of me? Threatened? 

"You two know each other?" Leon states as he stands up. I smirk at her and walk past, stopping at her shoulder.

"It's....classified." I loudly announce, she looks away from me, as I give her a stern but friendly pat on the shoulder. I throw my head back quick, telling her to exit the room, she does.

"You heard." I nod walking closer to the table he was sitting at. "How much?"

"Enough to know where we stand." He tries stepping closer as I choose to take a seat across from him.

"Y/N....." I raise my hand towards him.

"Don't Kennedy--I don't care who you screw or kiss, I'm here on business." I look around and examine the room as he speaks.

"Business? Then why did you act that way towards--are you jealous L/N?" I look at my watch device, not caring. "Back at Raccoon City, Ada she..." I get up angry and push the chair in. "Y/N!"

"Leon, forget it." I turn around and walk towards the door.

"Then why did you talk to her that way?" I open the door and turn my head towards him.

"Blackmail, that's why." I answer truthfully. I walk out and quickly separate myself from him, he's opening an old wound.

"Y/N!" He shouts, his footsteps picking up the pace. 

I turn a corner and lose his sight, hearing nothing the water outside. I sneak towards a window and watch the water flow. I'm in a submarine?! No wonder there's no escape, I wanted a quick breath of fresh air outside. I hear a groan and watch as the water reflects behind me, I watch two arms try to grab me. I duck and kick them in the stomach, I take out my combat knife and flip the handle into my hand.

As the man looks up I notice the face, it looks like---Argh! I disarm and push into the window harshly. Raccoon City!? I stab it in the head, smearing blood across the glass. I run away, stopping seeing a knife being held against my throat. I watch the same woman walks out, I lean my head onto the knife, holding up my hands.

"Who do you work for?" She asks.

"A client, he goes by fake names all the time. Business, no personal connections." I stare dead at her. "Who do you work for?" 

"Family." She says, a few seconds of silence moves by. I bend backwards and kick upwards, as the knife flies I catch it. I aim both knives at her as she backs up into a wall.

"Be honest or you will die. Are you after me? Did you set up those infected?" She furrows her brows, as she shakes her head.

"No-no I would never--infected?" I slowly release her from my grasp, reading her body language. "The virus is with us?" I offer the knife handle, she gladly takes it.

"We're both victims to what happens on this submarine, aren't we?" She presses an alarm, as the loud noise goes off. 

"We are going to die if we sit idle, now come on!" She waves over as she starts running down the submarine.