Chapter Five

Leon stops and checks his device, seeing Chris send him coordinates of where to meet. He shoves the device in his back pocket and grips the handles of the bike. I retract my arms back, as he sighs, taking a break. I look around and put my pistol away, as he looks around.

"I wouldn't blame you for wanting a drink right now." He chuckles in his throat and looks down, only to perk his head up again.

"Honestly, I wouldn't blame you for having one too." He turns up the gas, as I get in place again. "Hold on, we're running late." I smirk as we drive off, letting the air hit my face as we go. We arrive to the building, seeing it closed, I peek inside nothing a downstairs and upstairs.

"Over there!" I say pointing at a opening, Leon quickly drives in the direction. We turn in, hearing bullets echo from afar. We see stairs leading down, my grip tightens as we fly down, Leon turns the bike almost hitting the wall. He speeds forwards and aims his pistol, aiming at the zombies still alive. He brakes harshly, I hop down as Leon approaches Chris.

"Sorry, had to take the stairs." Leon says while Chris smirks, I walk up hearing the elevator ding. Zombies slowly walk out, as we all look at them.

"Targeting abilities, he must be close." Chris turns to me.

"Arias?" I nod, "Your father isn't?"

"My father wants me alive and alone, he wouldn't be the one to arrive." I take out both of my pistols, as they start coming closer. "Game on." I say, as I walk forward. I start shooting as they pile in, one opens their arms but as they pass.

I high-kick one, seeing their chin break, they fall back as I take care of the others. I knee one in the stomach, and roll over their back. I continue to shoot, an arm misses my head, I grab it making it flip over. I step on the chest, shooting it in it's skull, I grab another head slamming it against the wall. I see more zombies with Chris and Leon, making me know my father isn't here. I reload my pistols and walk over to them, I shoot some, helping the boys out a bit.

As bodies fall, I notice the elevator closing. I run to it, holding my arm out, making the doors stop. I walk in, holding it open, checking the floors on it, seeing the roof being an option. I hear the last bullet go off, I peek my head out at they walk over to me.

"Elevator leads to top floors, Arias and Rebecca must be here." Chris comes in, as Leon stays in the middle of the elevator doors.

"Let's go up." Chris says pushing a button, Leon arms falling. "You coming?"

"I have to take care of the rest, they keep piling in." I then stop forward.

"Let me stay then--" I say, I stop when he responds.

"No, trust me, I'm good. Just go, we have the time." I back up, and nod. The elevator doors close, Leon and I stare at each other as it does. I then lean against the wall, as Chris smirks at me.

"What?" I ask, he shakes his head.

"You two could be more obvious." I roll my eyes as he continues to smirk. "We found your teeth marks in those men, blood drained from some."

"I have had those Las Plagas craving ever since I was injected, I use to fight it off, but my rage controlled me. I attacked his men, when I saw Stella's body on the floor, she was bruised, cut up, laying in a pool with her blood. I wanted revenge, I want my father to burn, I want him to pay for killing innocent lives." I look at Chris, seeing him give empathy, I pat his shoulder. "I'm a monster just as much as he is, I shouldn't have done that."

"A monster is something completely different, you are a survivor." Chris tells me, I nod, knowing he's right. "And you're gonna survive your father." I smile at him, as he returns it, until the elevator doors open with a ding.