Chapter Twenty-Nine

We all arrive at a run-down apartment complex, the woman guides us as we follow her onto the second floor. I look around seeing the familiar location, I turn in a hurry hearing the door open with a creak. They all scatter finding hidden bullets and weapons in places you wouldn't expect. I lean against the wall, seeing two couches across each other, with a single table in the middle. 

Leon bumps into me, I annoyingly look at him, he turns to looks at me. Before he completely separates from my body he slips something into my hand. I confusingly look, seeing a pistol loaded. Leon takes a seat across the blond man, I piece together the situation. He's going to interrogate him, and if anything goes wrong--he made me his safe route. 

I look around seeing the woman no where to be found, shit. She has something that she's not telling anyone. 

"You wanna start briefing us?" Leon states, as he lights up a cigarette. "You can start by telling me what you're really after. You killed the crew, must be a major op...right?"

"Shen May and I our on a different mission, we're looking for something else." He says placing down the cigarette.

"That is?" I ask, he looks at me with a quick glare. "You didn't break into the facility, so what is it." I cross my arms.

"Proof that will expose a conspiracy by the US government." I look at his body, examining the defensive pose. 

"Treason. Fun." Leon relaxes his arms on his thighs, not buying a single word out of this guy's mouth. "I'll be sure to put that in my report." The man reaches down, as the gun lays beside his cigarette. He gently puts the flame out.

"The bad guy is here." He states, collected and calm.

"Where is you proof?" Leon asks.

"That's what you're here for, isn't it." I directly ask the man, he smirks.

"Exactly, and you two are gonna help us get it." I chuckle under my breath. "Two of the best agents, what more could I ask from you both."

"Our help?" Leon raises the question, the tension filling the room. "You just killed a sub, full of people."

"So you're not gonna help us then." I stand up straight.

"Tell the plan to court." I announce as he leans forward towards Leon.

As the silence continues, I grip my hidden pistol behind my jacket. As the blond man grabs the gun, I slide forward and shoot him before he can get one on Leon. Leon flips the couch, and looks over. I hear the shuffles noise of footsteps, Leon grabs my torso as a bullet grazes the side of the couch. I lay under him, as we hear her run away in a panic. 

He quickly raise his body, I watch his eyes change into fight or flight mode. This time he chose to fight. He raises himself up and offers me a hand, I grab it feeling his strength easily lift me up. Leon turns around and runs out the door, I instantly follow his lead, and try to match his pace. 

When he suddenly stops, I bump into him by accident. Silently he pulls out a device, he rubs my shoulder, as a silent apology for the abrupt stop.

"What're you planning?" I look at his screen seeing a map with a dot on it.

"I planted a tracker on her, quick idea I had in the submarine." I furrow my brows, watching her dot move along with her. I start to think, back at the submarine he said I gave him a quick idea...quick idea for what.....?

"Leon, back there when the infected rats were chasing us--you stated I gave you an idea." He stops what he's doing and looks at me with a cocky glare.

"The pipes, hanging our bodies with the pipes." I take a deep inhale, and realize I was there during his conversation with the woman.

"You knew I snuck on the submarine, and teased me with her. You flirted with her to make me jealous!" I cross my arms and angrily take a step back.

"I had a feeling you would be on the submarine, the message you left on the file gave it away." The note I left for him was 'see you soon'. I didn't think he would except to see me on the sub. 

"Let's just follow her before she gets away." I sternly say, walking past him, I hear a slight scoff.

"Women." Leon states, I turn my head wanting to choke him out. He smirks as he slowly follows along.