Chapter Twenty-Four

Stepping out, I feel a sudden shiver. I have a bad feeling in my gut, like the ones you get, knowing something is coming. I shake my head, and continue moving along. I turn around, watching as he still stands at the doorway. I weakly smile, only to hide the facade when I look straight again. After passing his view, I start contacting and setting up my device, just in case anything happens. 

My face lights up, seeing my screen glare into my eyes. I squint and notice the number, it was Chris. Why would he be calling me? I answer and lift the phone up to my ear, hearing his voice brighter than usual. 

"Chris, any reason you would be calling?" I say continuing to walk.

"Listen, I just got word from HQ, and I have something to offer." I chuckle and scoff, looking around.

"Let me guess, a job offer? Well, I already have an answer. No." He hums in amusement, as he pauses before speaking again.

"It's a job offer, but not one you would expect, the BSAA saves, but in the case you'll destroy." I stop walking, and stare down at the floor.

"Keep talking." My eyes narrow, as I look around.

"Not until you agree to come, and hurry we're on limited time." The call ends, I snark as I stare at the dim screen. 

I speed up my pace, and start contacting Leon. I quickly textout a full sentence, only to delete it all. I call and hold up the phone, listening to it ring a few times. The call ends, I look down and confusingly stare at my phone. I shake off the decline, and text the sentence again, sending it with no remorse. 

(Leon's Point of View)

I continue to watch her walk away, until she's out of my view. I slowly close the door, turning back to the house. I go over to the couch, seeing my device nearby me, I grab it. I turn on the screen, watching the minute go by. Damn, what am I waiting for? I place down the phone, and turn my head away from it. I'm acting like a dog, waiting for their owner. I sigh and stand up, hearing a ding. 

I lean over grabbing it, seeing a notification from the DSO. I read it, knowing it's the date and time I should be returning. I can never catch a damn break can I? I put my phone back onto the table beside the couch, walking to the kitchen. I feel a pistol press my lower back, feeling the coldness through my thin shirt. 

"Nice to see you again Leon." The sultry voice says, I turn around, taking her pressing it against her back. She cartwheels back, kicking the gun away, I grab a knife running up on her. I kick away the gun, she lands as I press the knife against her neck.

"Guess you haven't learned." I say, as she kicks me back, as I balance myself she points another pistol up to my face.

"I have." She responds. I stand up, staring at her eyes, they narrow. 

"Ada...what do you want?" She uncocks her gun, and aims it at the ceiling.

"Nothing surprisingly, but I have some news." She says, as we glare at each other in silence. "Glad to know you're excited." The phone rings, I walk over, as her head follows me. I pick up the phone seeing a call from Y/N. "It's news about Y/N, and I wouldn't call it good, so go ahead..answer the phone Leon."

She tilts her head, as I stare at the phone, I exhale and click decline. I place down the phone, only to look at Ada's amused face. I look over again seeing a text message pop up, Ada taps her foot.

"Good, now let's get started." Feeling of guilt I stare back at the phone, walking up to her.

"Better be important." She chuckles, as I stand across from her.

"Always is. Now, what if I told you, that those who survived Raccoon City were getting hunted down, and killed. And it all starts with poor, sad, Y/N." I scoff, and lean on the island counter, as she pulls out files.

"Who is doing this?" Ada smirks, as she opens the file with a face I saw before.

"Let's just say her real father wasn't the one you killed." Ada states, while pointing to his face. 

"Nikolai..."