Chapter Twenty-Five

I rapidly blink my eyes open, taking soft breaths as I slowly sit up. I scratch my head, seeing fresh towels placed beside my feet. I gently take the rugged towels and feel myself craving a shower. I turn on the shower, and place the towels down, I close the door and completely strip naked.

I step in, letting the water hit my scalp. The burning feeling massaging my current headache and I lightly clean. I finish up and dry myself off, I clench the towel around my body and quickly open up a drawer under the bed. I take out white clothing and rush back into the bathroom, as I change I hear a door open and close.

I release the towel from my hair and hesitate to open the door. I close my eyes and allow myself to face my fears.

It was Leon.

"Leon?!" I shout as his shocked expression lights the room. I rush to him, grabbing his neck to hug me back.

"Y/N?!" He returns it, his arms covering my back. "You're okay?"

"Yes, yes Leon." I whisper into his neck, as I feel his hair hit my shoulder.

"Why are you here? Why didn't you contact me?" I separate from him, staring at the camera in the corner.

"I couldn't contact you, and I'm not allowed to tell you why." I slowly turn back to him, as his eyes fixate on the camera as well.

"You know I can't accept that." He completely drops his arms, I retract mine. "Y/N, I need to know-"

"I wish this could've been different, I wish this didn't happen." I look down, and shake my head. He lifts it up. "What have you been doing?"

"What?" He mumble with a laugh.

"I've been gone, and I want to catch up." He gently moves to my bed, sitting down. I follow turning my body towards him. "Tell me."

"DSO called me in." I nod, expected to know that he had a job to do. "I have been partnered up, looking for research on my mission."

"What's the objective?" I ask, he looks at me, his hair covering one eye. "Confidential."

"Y/N, why don't you work with me?" I sigh, we've had this conversation but differently than this time, it's surprising why he would bring it up now. "I'm serious."

"Why do you bring it up now?" I say, as he seems panicked I asked. What is he hiding? "Leon...is there something wrong?"

"Y/N.." I gulp hard in my throat, as his heartbeat fills my ears. I quickly back away from him, resting my back on the bathroom wall. "Y/N??" He stands up, I extend a hand telling him to keep his distance.

"Leon you need to go." I state, using my eyes to looking around the room, unable to make eye contact with him.

"What? Why? Is this because I won't tell you what I'm doing or something—" I close my eyes, holding back the familiar crave.

"No never, it's just that I can't hear you." I look up as he inches towards me, confused. "Leon don't—" He's inches away from me, I felt the hunger take over my thoughts.

(Leon's Point of View)

I watch as she breaks into a nervous sweat, closing her eyes then opening them like someone who has just been detoxed from drugs. I hold onto her shoulders, keeping her body still.

What have they done to her?

Then that's the moment I knew, the eyes I've seen before.

Her eyes were red, blood red.

Las Plagas.

I slowly back away as she slowly walks towards me, her strength pushes me against the entrance door. Her hand tightening on my neck as I struggle to get a good look at her. She's fighting back her virus, her eyes twitching shows me the urge is stronger than before.  She shows her teeth, gritting them, she's losing.

"Y/N hold it." She grits her teeth harder than before, this time her strength follows along with her hand. She opens her mouth, charging at my neck, I close my eyes but quickly open them as the door behind me opens.

I fall back, feeling my spine ricochet on the dry wall. Two men grab her in a haste, inserting a syringe in her neck. Her eyes leaving the red, after every blink.

"I told you this is done." Chris states sternly as they place her body down onto the bed. I immediately stand holding my neck out of fear.

"Chris....what the hell?"