Chapter Twenty-Nine

I flutter my eyes open, and slowly sit-up. I look over with squinty eyes, seeing the light slowly fill the room. It disappears and I jump feeling arms grab my lower torso. I look as Leon nudges his head against the pillow. His ruffled hair covering his eye, his lips in a straight firm line. His back showing, as the covers just manage to stick to his hips.

"You're here?" I ask with hesitation.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He says, opening his eyes to meet mine.

"I thought you would—" he cuts me off, propping himself up on his forearms.

"Leave? To soften the blow? No, it would mean I wouldn't be able to stop you if I was here." I pull up some covers, and shiver from the cool breeze. "I stayed to show you, that whatever you do I respect your decision."

I check the time, it was early in the morning, and for the first time I was doubting myself.

"I..." I couldn't find the words to say. He slowly sits up and sighs.

"No matter what you choose I'll be waiting." I scratch my head and lean back.

He plops down, hugging his pillow, in a overhead position. I just sat there for a few minutes, thinking, I feel his warm hand find my thigh under the covers. He squeezes it as I turn to look at him.

"Leon you know last night I got tired—" I stated as he cuts me off again.

"I love you." He says. I slowly move myself under the covers, as the cold AC fills the room, abruptly turning on.

"Leon..." He grabs me, and pulls me close, I feel his lips touch mine.

I mumble words trying to get something through but he continues to kiss me. I start leaning over him, as his hand finds my hair. He pulls me on top of him, his hand finding itself on my lower back supporting me. He sits up, as he separates from me.

"Leon—?" He starts kissing my breast, and sucking on them gently. I ruffle his hair as he enjoys himself. "L-Leon?" He looks up, his eyes staring into mine. "What's gotten into you?"

"You." He gives me a few more pecks on the lips. His eyes travels down to my breast, seeing all the love marks he left. "That's new."

"Hmm?" I look down, they don't vanish...not at all. "My virus must be still paralyzed."

"I like it, I get to see my work." He hums and a smirk appears on his face. I grab his cheeks, and look at him, unwilling to leave him like this.

"I love you too." I state as he smiles, leaning in for another kiss. I accept and slowly follow his lead, I grip his shoulders as he accidentally grinds me on him. "Leon...no." I lean my head on his shoulder.

"You're still sensitive?" I nod, and slowly pick myself back up.

"Yeah-yeah I don't think I can handle anything, at the moment." He chuckles in his throat and allows me to relax on top of him.

"God, you're so beautiful." He tucks hair behind me ear, I grab his hand.

"Leon what's with all this affection?" I ask curious.

"Nothing, I'll miss you that's all." He gives me a peck before carefully lying me down beside him.

"Right..." I turn to face him.

"So, when are you planning to leave?" He asks, closing his eyes.

"I don't know, haven't thought about that." I play with the covers, as I look over at the clock. "Maybe I should start planning..." I turn and slowly move out of bed, I hear the sheets move with me. I place one foot, unable to keep myself from falling. I catch myself and sit back down on the bed. "Fuck." I sigh and turn my head seeing Leon snicker with amusement.

"No, I didn't mean to do that on purpose." I watch as he examines my body as I weakly try to gather the covers. "It's really good to see you like this though."

"Shut up." I say defeated. "Jesus..." a pain then stems from my brain, I grip the bed as I try to surpass it.

"Y/N?" I slowly blink as I hear him get closer. His hands finding themselves on my body once more, this time worried.

The pain increases as I close my eyes harshly. Leon grabs my chin turning my face towards him.

"Leon..." I slowly open my eyes, as his become terrified. "I don't feel normal."

"What have they done to you?" He quickly grabs me, as I feel the AC all over my body.