Chapter 37

I looked up hotels and called a few while still in complete hysterics and eventually found one about twenty minutes away. I started the car and started blasting Olivia Rodrigos new music. As I was driving down a big road, I saw a giant bright light headed straight for me, and everything went blank.

I woke up in the hospital and was told I was hit by a drunk driver that was driving on the wrong side of the road. The nurse who was taking care of me came into my room about five minutes after i woke up and said, "We called you're emergency contacts and the only person who answered was under the name of Clay, he said he'd be here in a minute." I felt like crying even more than I already had, but maybe he was coming to say he was sorry, or that he loves me, maybe he'll tell me he was wrong, hopefully he says he misses me or he wants to get back together. Maybe he was just coming to tell me karmas a bitch. 

I sat in bed crying to myself with no one to talk to and no comfort for half an hour before the nurse walked in saying someone was here. I immediately sat up and tried to wipe my tears away. The nurse stepped to the side and I didn't see Clay, only George who immediately ran over to the bed and wrapped me in a hug which I desperately needed. We stayed hugging for a minute before he sat down in the chair next to my bed to ask what's wrong. I replied in tears, "Nothing extreme, but I had a bit of internal bleeding and a concussion. They said it wasn't to serious."

"I'm so sorry y/n I should've found somewhere for you to stay or driven you somewhere I'm so sorry."

"George stop this wasn't your fault; I'm just lucky your here, but why isn't Clay here I thought they called him." 

"He answered the call and told them he'd come, but him and Nick were hanging out and he said he didn't want to talk to you so he sent me instead, I'm sorry." George answered as his face turned bright red which tends to happen when he's lying, but I figured Clay had just said some pretty bad stuff George didn't want to tell me, so I just said, "Thank you so much for being here George, I really need someone right now." 

He stood up, gave me another hug and said, "I'm gonna run to the bathroom, and I'll be right back, I'm gonna spend the night here with you." I gave and half smile and nod, and he walked out of the room. A second later I heard his phone go off a few times, he must've left it in the chair. I leaned out of the bed and checked it to see who was texting him. He had a text from Clay that said, "Where are you? I thought you were still here. Please don't go to y/n hotel room, I don't want to talk to her." Hotel room? I though the knew I was in the hospital. Maybe that was before he got the call from the hospital, but that wouldn't ugh. I should just give up and let my brain rest. A minute later his phone went off again, and I couldn't help but check it, another text from Clay, "Oh god George I made a mistake I love her so much. What hotel is she at, I need to see her...." 

Sorry the writing in the beginning of this chapter is so bad, just needed to build up to the next storyline. Also you guys are so funny your comments literally make my day, you're hilarious.