chapter 41

Dream's pov (the day of the crash)

She left . She's really gone. I can't believe I did that. I actually broke up with her. Oh god I fucked up didn't I? I laid down in bed trying to figure out what the hell I just did before George came in. I sat up and he came and sat down next to me in bed. I sighed and said, "She's gone George. She's really gone." 

"Clay. I'm so sorry. You did the right thing though."

"How? How do you know? How do I know she's not my soulmate?"

"She texted me. She said to tell you that you were right. And you weren't meant for each other. I'm sorry."

"She did! What a bitch! of course she said that! God maybe I was right."

"You were trust me, she's not you're soulmate."

"That's quite obvious now, but she didn't have to fuck up my life for almost two months." I said, secretly hoping I would let myself believe what was coming out of my mouth. She's such a bitch. I need to either get back at her or back with her somehow. After a moment of silence and staring at the wall, George turned to me and said, "Clay. Maybe she didn't fuck up your life completely. Maybe something good can come out of it."

"What the hell are you talking about George?"

"Well, now that she's gone it finally gives us time to get closer... You know actually in person not just in a discord call." As he said that, he wrapped one of his legs across me and positioned himself so that he was sitting in my lap facing me.

"George what are you doing?"

"Come on Clay. You know there's always been something between us. Now that y/n is out of the way, we can be together. It's the perfect opportunity." Yeah the perfect opportunity for revenge, I thought to myself. "Clay, you don't have to say it out loud, your already telling me everything I need to know." After I shot him a look of confusion, George chuckled and said, "you do realize I'm sitting on your lap, right?" I immediately panicked and stood him up before running to the bathroom. I sat in the bathroom in complete shock for 2 full minutes.

How could George say that. I mean we've always had some tension, and I guess my body already told me that, but I just broke up with y/n... y/n and George dated... and their still good friends, better than me or sap are with her. This could just be the perfect revenge. 

I collected myself and walked back into the bedroom, but George wasn't there. I immediately pulled out my phone asking where he was. Was he with y/n? I miss her so much. He was wrong I want to be with her. I waited for him to answer, but after a minute he didn't, so I began to type. I wrote a paragraph apologizing to him, telling him was wrong, telling him I love y/n more than anything. 

Five minutes later I got a response. She's moved on. I was in the right. George told me that she never wanted to be with me... And here we are again. Right back to hating that bitch. Right back to "falling in love" with George. 

writer's not: I hate myself for some of the stuff I wrote in this chapter hahaha it's so cringey but anyways, hope the story is making more sense now. The next few chapters will be switching between Dream and y/n's povs. lmk your thoughts