chapter 38

As I was trying to read the long chapter Clay had sent to George, I saw George walk back into the room with a blanket and pillow the nurse had given him. I quickly set his phone down and laid back down in bed. He smiled and said, "I got these from the nurse, and she's bringing in an extra chair for me to lay down on so I can stay in here with you tonight." 

"Great. Thank you so much for staying George you don't know how much this means." He smiled and answered, "Hey what are friends for." I sat up and turned on the tv to watch some Netflix while we waited the day out, the nurses said I would only need to stay in the hospital for around three days. Around 6 pm George left to grab us some dinner, and left his phone unlocked, which I quickly took advantage of. I grabbed it and immediately went to find his conversation with Clay, and this is what I saw. 

Clay

Clay: Oh god George I made a mistake I love her so much. What hotel is she at, I need to see her. I'm so in love, I never should've broken up with her. You were wrong, why did you tell me to do that it was such a bad idea. She's the love of my life.

George: I'm in her hotel room with her because she wanted someone to talk to. She doesn't want to talk to you. She told me you were right and she should've broken up with you sooner. I'm sorry man it's just not meant to be.

Clay: Fuck.

Holy shit. Why did George tell him that. I mean he's kind of right though. Clay was being a bitch it wasn't my fault. He didn't even want to come to the hospital, and now he's friends with Sapnap after HE kissed ME. Fuck him. George is right, maybe I should just drop the whole Clay thing and date George.

...Wait, I could date George. I've still had some feelings for him since he tried to kiss me, and the entire internet thinks we're together. I just need to know if he feels the same way. Oh god. No I can't. I'm just doing this to get back at Clay. I can't just date George as revenge. 

I set George's phone down and he walked in a second later with food. He set it down on the table. That's when I said, "George come here real quick I just want to see something." Then I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him in for a kiss. He hesitated for a second before grabbing my hips and pulling me closer to him. 

Revenge tastes sweet.