Woody, Buzz, and Jessie

Here I am, reorganizing my room again at 11:30 p.m., the night before school starts. After dusting it, I returned the picture frame to my desk. It was one of my favorite pictures. It was Stiles, Scott, and me on Halloween in third grade. We dressed up as Woody, Buzz, and Jessie from Toy Story.

Of course, I was Jessie. My hair was braided into pigtails, and I was dressed in her cowgirl outfit. Scott, who was on my left, dressed as Woody. He wore a cowboy hat that was too big for him and covered most of his face. He had a big grin, which was funny, considering his two front teeth weren't there. 

Scott and I had been best friends since day one, literally. Our parents met in the hospital. Scott's mom, basically my second mother, had given birth to Scott; a day later, I was born, and the rest was history. Scott and I were basically brother and sister. We fought like siblings, talked like siblings, and cared for each other greatly. We always protected each other, no matter the circumstances.

Then, on my right was Stiles, dressed as Buzz Lightyear. He wrapped his arm tightly around my shoulder, pulling me closer. 

Scott and I met Stiles on the first day of Preschool. Since then, Stiles, Scott, and I have been inseparable. Stiles and I grew super close over the years. He was my best friend. When his mom died, my heart broke for him. That's the worst I'd ever seen him. I was by his side 24/7, even when he didn't want me there, but he always secretly did. That's when we came up with this rule: every Friday night, we would have a sleepover at my house or his. It was mostly always at his house since my parents were never home, which made sense.

I loved them both. But the worst thing, I was actually in love with one of them. God damn this Stiles Stilinski kid for stealing my heart Freshman year. Before then, I always looked at Stiles as my best friend and nothing more. But something, an incident, happened the summer before high school that made me see him in a new light.

Now that I had reorganized my whole room, it was time to tackle the closet. I had all my clothes in color order, so it was easier to find things. Still, it was because I'm always very organized. My room was always clean. Even if I got really sad or had no motivation to do anything, my room was never messy. I cleaned and organized my room when I got sad or frustrated or needed a distraction. Like I'm doing right now.

I wouldn't say I was nervous for the first day of school; I didn't want to return to that hellhole. I hated school because I was always super bored. I've had straight A's ever since I could remember. I have a photographic memory, so school comes super easy for me. I've never failed a test or gotten lower than an A on any assignment. It always made Stiles and Scott jealous because I constantly rubbed it in their faces. 

As I was reorganizing my clothes in my closet, I heard a knock on the front door, knowing exactly who it was. Stiles always knew he could come to the front door anytime, given that my parents were never home. My Dad was a neurological doctor who traveled the country, giving seminars and lectures and performing many surgeries. My mother was some sort of Travel Writer. She constantly traveled, wrote about her experiences, and posted them on her blog. 

The last time I heard from them, my Dad was in Michigan, and my mom was on some Island about six months ago. They seem like great parents, right? Wrong. I had no siblings, so they left me alone in this house. The last time I saw them was eleven months and fourteen days ago. I usually spent most of my nights at Stiles or Scott's house, given that their parents didn't like that I was constantly alone.

I closed my closet and made my way down to the front door. Unsurprisingly, I found Stiles in the kitchen, eating an apple.

"How did you get in?" I asked Stiles, walking over to him.