I Was Ready to Traumatize You For Life

This chapter slightly deals with self-harm, so please be advised when reading

It was 6am, and I was sitting in a booth at the small diner in town. I gripped my cup of hot chocolate, trying to warm myself up.

"Hey Taylor, sorry I'm late!" Isaac slipped into the booth as I took a sip.

"Oh, no problem." I smiled at him. I was surprised last night after Stiles dropped me off that Isaac had texted me. He asked if I wanted to get breakfast because he needed to talk. So, of course, I agreed.

Isaac glanced at the empty table before me, "You didn't have to wait for me to order."

"No, it's no problem. I'm not that hungry anyway. But feel free to eat whatever you want."

"Oh, I intend to." His eyes lit up as the waitress walked over, causing me to laugh to myself. Isaac ended up getting blueberry pancakes with a side of hashbrowns.

"What kind of coffee did you get?" He gestured over to my mug as he bit into his pancake.

"Oh, it's actually hot chocolate. I don't like coffee."

"You don't like coffee?" He asked, shocked.

"No, why?"

"Well, I can tell you aren't a morning person, so I'm just surprised you don't like coffee." He chuckled to himself before cutting his next pancake.

"Yeah, I tried it and hated it. Stiles was the one who actually had me try it. I'm a picky eater, so he dared me once to try coffee because he knew I wouldn't like it. So I took on the dare and tried it, then immediately spit it back out onto his shirt." A smile crept onto my face, remembering how mad Stiles had gotten at me when I spit hot coffee on him.

Isaac laughed as he took another bite of his pancake. "So, why did you wanna have breakfast with me?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh," Isaac set the fork down, clattering on the plate. "This is going to sound kinda weird, but I like hanging out with you, and I want to spend more time with you, and blueberry pancakes sounded delicious." Isaac picked his fork back up, taking another bite of his pancake.

I was shocked. Isaac really liked spending time with me? We've only hung out a few other times, but still. "You like spending time with me?"

"Yeah. You're fun to be around. You bring a normal feeling into my life. I guess I just really like being around you."

I leaned forward so my elbows were resting on the table. "Are...are you asking me out?" I whispered, confused.

"Oh, no." Isaac set his fork back down again. "I'm not asking you out; I'm never going to ask you out." Isaac saw my facial expression change and quickly clarified, "Oh no sorry, I'm never going to ask you out because I can see how in love you are with this Stiles kid. Besides, I don't need anything like that right now. I'd rather have a friend."

"Woah woah woah woah woah," I lifted my hands up, leaning back in my seat, "What do you mean I'm in love with Stiles?" Isaac drifted his eyes up from his plate, landing them on me. He didn't say anything before he started laughing.

"Are you being serious, Taylor?" When I said nothing, he continued, "Taylor you are so in love with Stiles." He said slowly, making sure it got through to me.

"No, I'm not." I shook my head, trying to deny his accusations.

"Taylor, look, I've never been around you when you're by him, but watching you talk about him is enough for me to know."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, for instance, the way your eyes light up when he comes up in conversation, the smile that creeps onto your face when you talk about him, and how you care about him; I've never seen someone care about anyone that much."