They Been Waitin' For Me

Song: When I R.I.P. by Labrinth

------------------------------------------------------

(Stiles POV)

Present Day

I needed to get off the floor and follow Taylor. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath before reopening them and standing. I was slightly shaking from my encounter with her. Taylor was right. I am too easy when it comes to her. Every time she tried, I knew she'd be able to get to me. She always got to me, no matter what she did.

I glanced at Scott, passed out on the floor, before turning toward the front entrance. I walked past Derek, still unconscious on the ground, and continued walking. As I made it to the road, I saw Taylor walk into the woods, so I followed her. As I did, I pulled my phone out of my pocket to text Deaton: Following her through the woods by the hospital. I slipped my phone back into my pocket.

Taylor didn't walk far, stopping, which caused me to stop behind her. "Following me now?" Her voice rang out, causing chills to run down my spine. She turned around, eyes looking at the sky. "It's beautiful out tonight."

I glanced at the sky before putting my eyes back on Taylor. Even standing there staring at the sky, she was beautiful and didn't even try. "Yeah," I mumbled, cautiously stepping forward.

Taylor clasped her hands behind her back, looking at me. "Why are you following me?" I knew she wasn't messing around. She wasn't playing any tricks; she wasn't expecting me to follow her. 

It's time for the trickster to be tricked.

I let my face fall to desperation, "I need you."

Her eyes widened for the barest second, almost like it never happened. "You need me?" She asked, trying to hide the surprise in her voice as she stepped toward me.

I nodded eagerly, "I need you desperately." I stepped forward, now toe-to-toe, "I know I'm stupid for this. I know I am, but I can't help it." I made my voice sound as desperate as possible while lowering it to a register to make me sound needy. 

I grabbed one of Taylor's hands in mine, trying to block out the images of her magic flowing through them. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since the party. I can't get you out of my mind."

I shook my head. "How you danced, talked, walked, and your outfit..." Over Taylor's shoulder, I noticed Deaton approaching quietly behind her. I let my eyes fall closed so as not to cause suspicion. "God, you looked amazing." I opened my eyes, looking back down at her. "You were gorgeous. You are gorgeous."

Taylor looked into my eyes, not holding back her surprise anymore. She probably thought that after what she did, I wouldn't ever want to talk to her again. She wanted a few days to pass where we couldn't interact, and she knew she would be left on my mind. Taylor made an imprint. Then, the next time I saw her, I would be putty in her hands again. Now, I have the upper hand.
I think.

I slid my arm around her waist as Deaton took another step forward. I raised my other hand to cup her cheek, pulling Taylor closer, "The way that dress fit your body perfectly, your hair falling graciously at your shoulders, I couldn't help but look at you." Her breath caught when I leaned in closer, seeing Deaton behind her. She was about to lose. Closing the deal, I let my lips press firmly to hers, and to my surprise, I felt her lips move against mine. I hated myself for liking it so much. I was kissing the girl of my dreams, but it wasn't Taylor, and I hated that.

Letting the kiss linger a little longer, I slowly pulled away. My lips brushed Taylor's, and I felt her take a deep breath as I pulled away enough to look into her eyes. "But, sadly, this has to end."