I Love You

"You have to reason with me here, Taylor," Void's voice traveled through the hall of wherever we were at. I couldn't see much of anything on the way over...or maybe it was I didn't want to see anything. Who knows. Maybe I didn't even care anymore to fight off Void. Not maybe; I don't care anymore. That's why I'm laying on the cold, wet, concrete floor; staring up at the ceiling. Usually, I would be thinking about how to get the hell out of here. Back to Stiles. How to kill VOid right now without using my powers. But all I can think about is Allison.

Void sat on the other side of the metal bar/cage door. He'd been trying to get me to talk for hours now, he even brought down a chair to sit in because he got tired of standing. But I haven't uttered a single word. I think if I tried to speak, I would break down.

Allison is gone. She's never coming back. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Stiles could be next. Last time I saw him he could barely stand on his own.

"Hello," I heard the metal shake on the door, "earth to Taylor." I felt a tear slide down the corner of my eye, falling to the floor. I kept my eyes on the ceiling, wondering if Argent knew. Does he know his daughter died? How she died? Her last words? "Taylor, talk to me." I heard him sigh, his tone turning concerned, "Please–"

"Don't," I rasped out, keeping my eyes on the ceiling. "Don't pretend like you care." I slowly turned my head to the side, my ear laying on the cold floor. "Spare me the pity. You don't actually care how I am and you never will–"

His eyes narrowed, "Taylor–"

"Spare me the pity," I cut him off. "It's fucking humiliating."

My words must have rattled something in his brain as he instantly shut his mouth. Even though he wasn't speaking, his eyes spoke a thousand thoughts. He was pissed that I was talking to him like this, humiliated that he let it happen, and confused. He looked down at the ground, staying silent for a moment before he looked back up, "You know why you're here, right?"

I knew. I knew exactly why I was here. Wherever here was. I only nod, not giving him the satisfaction of my words. "It's for the best, you know that, right?"

I didn't do anything.

I watched irritation flash through his eyes, as he stood from his chair. As I was met with his back, I began to panic. This was really it. This is where it ended for me. At the hands of Void in some dusty, cold, prison cell. But it wasn't really his fault or mine, it was Tates. He was the one who put me in this situation. Everything he did led me to this point. Even though he's dead, he's still screwing up my whole life; and that fucking pissed me off.

So I got up.

"Wait," I surprised myself at how loud and desperate my voice was, but it seemed to catch his attention. Void stopped, not giving me the satisfaction of turning around. But he was willing to listen. "I know what's going to happen. I do. I know there's no getting out of it but..." I took a deep breath, praying that this worked, "let me say goodbye."

A long, unsettling silence filled the air. I knew he wouldn't probably go for it, but I thought I would give it a try. If I was going this time, if I was going to lose my mind again, I deserve a proper goodbye.

Void's back disappeared from my vision as his eyes met mine. Before he had a chance to try and slash my plan, I rambled. "It's just, last time this happened, I didn't get a proper goodbye. I just want to tell them goodbye in a discreet way, give them enough of an implication that I'm leaving but not enough to know why. Please, I'll do any–"

"Stop." He held his hand up as he stood right in front of the door. I held my breath as he reached for the door, letting it creak open fully. My heart raced at the clear vision of no barrier between us. "Give me one good reason to let you do this, and you're free to go until I come back for you."