Isn't It Strange?

Song: Strange by Celeste

——————————————
( Stiles POV)

Present Day

"What did you two say to Taylor?" My dad yelled at Scott and me as we returned to the station. We had to run to keep up with him, "Seriously? You got her to run out of the station and down the street!"

"Dad--"

My dad quickly turned around, and Scott and I almost slammed into him. "Don't do this right now. You two, stay here." He took a deep breath, "Now, I have to go find Taylor so we can finish talking to her, and since you two scared her out of the building, the least you can do is sit here and see if she comes back," he instructed. 

"Dad, wait--" But he didn't stop to listen. My dad grabbed his coat off the rack by the door and walked past us. "Dammit," I muttered, walking back to my dad's office.

"What do we do now?" Scott asked, following behind me, plopping down on the couch.

I ran my hands over my face; what do we do now? Taylor ran out on us, and to be honest, I can't even remember why. The whole moment from when she sat down in here to the moment she left is all a blur. 

I sighed and leaned against my dad's desk, "I don't even know why I yelled at her," I muttered, feeling defeated. 

"Me either," Scott agreed. "I don't know what came over me."

I didn't know what came over me, either. If I sit here and think about Taylor, all I want to do is keep her safe and away from everything and anyone who could hurt her. 

Every time I see her, something comes over me, this anger, when I look at her, and I can't control it. Whenever I think about what Taylor said at the station, I can't shake the feeling that she was not lying, but my mind wouldn't let me believe otherwise. I want to believe her; I do.

"We should call Isaac," Scott said, pulling out his phone.

I nodded, walking around to sit in my dad's chair. I watched as Scott dialed Isaac's number as I grabbed the iPad. I pulled up the video of Taylor and her grandma on the beach. She looked so happy, so free, not worried for her life every second of every day. 

I dreamed of feeling that way again, stopping by Taylor's house unannounced like always. We would hang out without fearing an alpha werewolf or a Kanima would walk through the door and slaughter us both.

"I told Isaac," Scott broke me out of my thoughts, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Now what?"

I sighed, "Wait here like my dad said."

"And you're going to listen to that?" Scott gave me a knowing look.

I looked at him, thinking about it. Scott sighed, standing up and walking towards the office door. "After you," He said, gesturing out the door.

I tried to suppress the smile that fought its way to my lips, but the look on Scott's face didn't help. "Let's go get your girl," Scott sighed, pushing me out the door.

I halted, turning to look at him. Scott had that stupid puppy smile on his face, "What?"

He rolled his eyes, making me walk again. "Come on, Stiles. I'm not stupid," Scott said, patting my shoulder. "I know you love Taylor."

I felt my cheeks flush as I kept my gaze on the ground, "I'm--I don't--I mean...God, she's my best friend, Scott. I'm not in love with her."

Scott shook his head as we walked out of the building, "You know what happened just then?"