What Happened On the Night of August 1st?

(Stiles POV)

I finally scrambled my way back to my jeep.

I have to call Taylor.

She was right. Peter, or whoever the hell that scary man was, is the alpha.

As if she knew, my phone started ringing, playing 'The Bare Necessities' loudly. Taylor stole my phone one night and changed that to her ringtone, and I can't figure out how to turn it back. But she gets a kick out of it every time, and it's worth the stupid little smartass smile that crosses her face.

I picked up her call, and my heart stopped when I heard her sobbing into the phone.

My phone almost slipped out of my hand. I answered without a second thought, "Taylor?"

All I heard was her soft sobs. "Taylor?" I tried again. The sobs stopped, and now I heard what sounded like glass breaking and things cluttering to the ground.

"St--stiles? Is that shoe?" She giggled, "Oh gosh, I said shoe, not shoe." She laughed even harder as I frantically started the car and quickly drove away from the hospital to her house.

"Taylor--"

"I mean shoe--"

"Taylor--"

"Shoe-oh my goshhh, why is this so frustrating?" Taylor started sobbing into the phone again.

She's drunk. Really drunk.

"Taylor, are you at home?" I asked. 

"Yeah...I'm on my bedroom floor."

"Okay, don't move, I'm on my way, okay?" I quickly took a right turn.

She started crying even harder. "My wrisths hurt really bad."

"Why, what happened?" I asked, trying to keep her concentrated on the phone call and trying not to crash. 

"There's blood everywhere and..." Her voice trailed off, becoming muffled. I sighed and pressed on the gas, trying to get this jeep to go as fast as possible.

"And what?" She didn't respond, "Taylor!"

There was complete silence for a few seconds until I heard her take a deep breath. "The bad guys are back, and th--they got my blood everywhere, Stiles. It's eve--everywhere."

"Taylor--"

"But don't shay I to--told you. They hurt you." She took a deep sigh and started laughing to herself.

I turned quickly onto her street. "Taylor, you aren't making any sense."

"Why are they back? Why wait all this time, and then the--they try to be my best friends, but they aren't you..."

I quickly turned off my car, repositioned the phone between my shoulder and ear, and held it there. 

"Taylor, just don't move, okay? I'll be there in just a second--" Once I climbed out of the car, I froze, seeing another car sitting in the driveway.

Her parents' car.

Shit.

I quickly brushed it off and ran up her driveway. "Stay put. I'll be there in a second." I hung up and rushed inside, not bothering to knock. 

The house was completely silent and dark, sending chills up my spine. I quickly make my way to her room, and once I do, I almost break down at the sight before me.

(Taylor's POV)

SELF-HARM WARNING

Someone burst through the door, but I couldn't determine who it was. My head spun, my body ached, and I couldn't see straight.