Miguel

"This plan sucks!" I shouted from the backseat of Derek's Camaro.

This is not how I thought I'd spend the night: getting chased by hunters in Derek's car, trying to lead the hunters away from him. 

Scott was, unfortunately, driving. He's not a bad driver usually, but he's a sucky getaway driver. Like usual, I sat in the back while Stiles occupied the passenger seat. 

"Faster?" Scott asked me, glancing in the rearview mirror.

"Much faster," Stiles replied before I could.

With a rev of the engine, Scott sped up the car. I turned around in my seat to see the hunters gaining on us. Fast. "Scott now would be the time to floor it."

Stiles looked back out the window like I was. "Yeah, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase."

"If I go faster, I'll kill us."

"If you don't go any faster, a lot faster, they're going to kill us!" Stiles shouted.

"Wouldn't bother me," I muttered. 

"Taylor now is not the time." Scott revved the engine, going even faster.

I turned around and leaned between the two boys, "Do you not get the concept of dark humor, Scott? After all these years with me, I think you should have a basic concept by now."

Stiles and Scott rolled their eyes, "Now is not the time for a comedy lesson, Taylor." Stiles informed. "Did we lose them yet?" Stiles turned to look through the back window but couldn't see because I blocked most of his view. 

I turned around to get a look, "Wait, they're gone."

Stiles immediately went for his police radio walkie-talkie that we might have "stolen."

"All units, suspect on foot headed north, last seen on Hancock."

"Scott, go now!" I instructed, sitting properly in the back, even buckling in. Scott nodded and gunned it for the ironworks. Thanks to Scott's speeding, we got there in less than two minutes. The car came to a quick halt right next to Derek.

"Get in!" Stiles shouted before basically throwing himself into the backseat. "Are you buckled?" He asked me as he settled himself.

"Well, I don't necessarily trust Scott's driving--" I was cut off by Argent firing a machine gun at the car as Scott hit the gas, driving away as fast as he could.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott yelled at Derek, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

Derek hit the dashboard, "I had him!"

"Who? The alpha?" Stiles asked.

"He was right in front of me. And then the idiot police show up." Derek sighs\ed, frustrated.

"Hey, watch it." At the mention of the police department, Stiles leaned forward and shot Derek a glare. "They're just doing their job--" Stiles immediately stopped talking when Derek sent him a scary glare.

Derek glared at Scott, "Thanks to someone who decided to make the most wanted fugitive in the state."

Scott groaned, "Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake."

"Oh really?" Derek looked at him sarcastically. "Frankly, the only person I'm not pissed at is Taylor right now." I perked up at the positive comment towards me.

"What did I do?" Stiles asked, offended. Derek just turned around and sent him another glare. "Okay, how did you find him then?"

Derek didn't answer, so Scott said, "Can you trust us for half a second?"