There Goes My Mind

Song: Bones by Imagine Dragons

---------------------------------------------------------

(Stiles POV)

Present Day

We rushed out of the bathroom, Scott leading us to the gym. We all ran in as soon as Scott and Isaac threw the doors open. Everyone ran to the screaming girl on the ground, but I noticed the gym doors leading outside to the party shut the exact moment we entered. Taylor was in here. It had to be her.

"Oh my God!" Allison gasped, covering her mouth.

Lydia shook her head as she looked at the ceiling. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

I pulled my attention away from the doors and looked down at the girl. I almost threw up in my mouth at the sight of her. Her eyes were missing, gone from her head. Gone. "Her eyes..." I trailed off, not being able to look at her anymore.

"I found one," Isaac mumbled, looking to the center of the gym.

"Found the other," Scott said, kneeling by the girl.

"Is she dead?" I asked, trying to keep my eyes on anything but her.

Scott shook his head, "No. I still hear a heartbeat--"

Cutting Scott off, the girl grasped Scott's arm, taking a huge breath. "It--"

We looked down at her at once, crowding around her. "It what?" Scott asked.

"T--Taylor," She whispered before her head fell back and her arm fell from Scott's, landing on the floor. 

We stood there, silent. Stunned. It was Taylor doing this. I was right. God, this one time, did I have to be right?

"No heartbeat," Scott whispered, laying her on the floor.

"So it is Taylor," Lydia hugged her arms around her. "She's the one doing this."

I cleared my throat, putting my hands on my hips. "I saw the back gym doors close when we got here. She--Taylor, left her alive long enough so she would be able to tell us. Taylor wanted us to find out. This wasn't an accident."

"Why?" Isaac groaned, staring at the back doors. "Why would Taylor want us to figure this out?"

"That's what we have to figure out," Scott said, getting to his feet. "Stiles, we have to call your dad before this gets out of hand."

I nodded as Scott pulled out his phone. I shut my eyes before saying, "Don't tell him it's Taylor." They looked at me as if I was crazy. "Let's see if we can talk to Taylor first. If we can't get anything out of her and Deaton can't find anything, then we leave it up to my dad to figure it out. The biggest thing they'll run it as is a serial killer on the loose in Beacon Hills."

Scott nodded before he started talking into his phone. "Do you think she went back outside?" Lydia asked, her back to the eyeless body.

"It was definitely Taylor who left the gym when we got here," I confirmed. "She's out there somewhere."

"We have to find her before that song plays again."

"Okay," Scott interrupted, "the cops are on their way. So, Stiles, if you want to talk to Taylor, now's our window."

I nodded, "Come on." I walked toward the back doors, waving everyone along with me. We walked down to the party, and something was immediately wrong.

 Everyone was screaming, yelling, fighting. People were punching each other, throwing their drinks in people's faces, kicking, pushing, and even biting. It was a madhouse.