The Wheels On the Bus

"Yeah, sorry. What was the word?" Scott asked from his spot next to Stiles. 

The Cross-Country team had a meet, and the Lacrosse players were required to come and compete in the race. It seemed fun, right? No. It was not.

First, I loved the man, but Coach was our supervisor since the cross-country coach came down with strep throat this morning. Coach wouldn't be an awful chaperone if he didn't hate every kid living on this planet.

Second, there was quite a party on the bus. Isaac and Boyd sat in the middle of the bus while Ethan sat with Danny on the other side. That was a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode. 

The third thing was Scott was over here, leaning up against the window, looking like someone had just shot his dog in front of him. He got hurt during a fight last night and still hadn't healed. He said it was because an Alpha injured him, so it would take longer to heal, but it was also Scott. He was not going to tell anyone if he was hurt.

Stiles and Scott sat across from me as I quickly took the back of the bus. If we were to talk about any business, I didn't need the lacrosse and cross country team to hear about it, and it helped me keep an eye on Isaac and Boyd, who might explode at any given moment without Derek here. Stiles had been quizzing Scott on vocab words for the past twenty minutes while I'd been waiting for Winnie to text me back.

He texted me about five minutes into our bus ride, telling me to call him if I could, but I told him I wasn't able to at the moment. So instead, the gray 3-dot bubble had been loading for about five minutes, meaning Winnie was typing a very long message to me. I have to say that I missed him a lot. I was sad when he went to college, but he texted me a lot over the summer to check up on me. One day, he even visited with Ryan. Yes, that Ryan. The one I met at Lydia's birthday party. The one Stiles was jealous of because Ryan seemed very friendly with me.

Stiles, of course, sat by me the whole time they were over, subtly telling Ryan to back the fuck off and not try anything. He didn't have to do this because I was not interested in Ryan, but every time I told Stiles that, he didn't seem to care. Stiles was, of course, nice to Winnie, but it was Ryan he couldn't shake. He was extra touchy, more than he usually was. Usually, it's just sitting next to me, holding my hand, and even sleeping on the couch together after falling asleep to a movie.

This time around, Stiles was always touching me. Every time Ryan was near, he would have his hand on my shoulder, my back, or--my favorite place--on my thigh. I mean, I was not complaining at all. I liked it a lot more than I would like to admit. I just never knew Stiles was that jealous of a person when it came to me.

"Anachronism," Stiles said, reading off the next word to Scott.

"Something that exists out of its normal time," Scott answered, clutching his stomach, looking like he ate a raw piece of chicken.

"Nice," Stiles nodded, "next word: Incongruous."

Scott scrunched his nose, "Um...can you use it in a sentence?"

"It is incongruous that Winnie has been typing for the last five minutes," I muttered.

"Out of place. Ridiculous, absurd," Scott answered.

Stiles looked at me, "He is still typing?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he must be writing the next Marvel film here."

"That will take hours," Scott said, gazing at me.

I nodded as Stiles continued, "Next word: Darach." I turned to look at Stiles as Scott did the same, giving him the 'really?' look. Stiles groaned, "We gotta talk about it sometime. And we're going to be here for the next five hours."