The Debt I Owe, Gotta Sell My Soul

Song: bury a friend by Billie Eilish

____________________________

(Stiles POV)

Present Day: 24 hours later

Eichen house always gave me the creeps. It baffled me that we dropped Taylor off there, but it needed to be done, right? Yes. It did for her protection. She was hurting herself again, and she needed help. It was the right thing to do.

"It was the right thing to do, Stiles," Scott said from the passenger seat.

I sighed, "Yeah, I know, but I still don't feel great leaving Taylor there."

"I agree," Allison added from the backseat, sitting between Isaac and Lydia. 

We had a full car. My dad and Melissa drove themselves; they had to be the ones to check Taylor in. They were still there, finishing the paperwork. We were on our way back to Scott's house so we could figure out what to do from there.

"Could Taylor be telling the truth?" Isaac asked what we were all thinking.

Scott sighed, fidgeting with his fingers. "She could, but I just--- never mind. Taylor could be telling the truth."

"What were you gonna say?" Lydia asked.

"Nothing," Scott replied. "It's not important."

I took my eyes off the road momentarily, looking at Scott. He was looking out the window with that sad puppy look he always had when something was wrong with Taylor. Did Scott feel it, too? I cleared my throat, "Is it that you don't believe Taylor every time we see her, but when we're not around her, you believe every word she is saying?"

I felt Scott look at me, but I kept looking at the road. "How did you know that--"

"Because," I cut him off, "the night Taylor came to the station when she first came back, I remember sitting on that couch with you desperately wanting to see her. Then, when we did and started talking to her, I freaked out on her." I breathed, "Then, when she left and we went to look for her, you remember that talk we had in the parking lot, Scott? Do you remember everything I said?"

Scott nodded, but before I could continue, Isaac poked his head where it didn't belong and asked, "What conversation?"

I huffed in annoyance, "It's none of your business, Isaac. Just go back to staring out the window."

Isaac scoffed, "Actually, this is my business. I would like to know all the details to help Taylor faster."

I looked at Scott, who had a smirk on his face. I shook my head, "Don't you dare tell them." I raised my eyebrows, "That was private information I told you. Remember, bro code."

"Stiles," Allison leaned forward, resting her chin on the front seats. "I'm pretty sure we all already know what the conversation was about."

"No, you don't," I countered, my voice higher than usual as I pulled into Scott's driveway.

"Stiles, we all know you're in love with Taylor," Lydia said, unbuckling her seatbelt as I parked the car. "It's the most obvious thing in the world," She sighed. "Now, can we get out of the car? It's cramped in here."

I looked at Scott, stunned, my jaw practically on the floor. All Scott did was smile innocently, take the keys out of the ignition, and place them in my hand. I watched Scott open his door and climb out of the car, pushing his seat forward so everybody else could escape.

"Hey, look," Isaac said as he pointed at me while climbing out of the car. "His cheeks are as red as they are around Taylor."

From his words, I came out of shock and quickly scrambled out of the jeep, shutting my door behind me. I rounded the car to where everyone else stood," Don't embarrass him any more than he already is." Allison whispered, scolding him.