You Loved Me, I Loved You Too Soon

Song: Taylor (by Ashe)

——————————————-

(Stiles POV)

It's been two months.

It's been two months since I last saw Taylor; no texts, calls, or notes. 

It all started that night, the night we had our fight. The moment those words came out of my mouth, what I said to Taylor, I knew I lost her. Every night, I still saw her face when I told her she was a burden. That look haunts me every night.

After Taylor left, Scott texted me that the plan for Jackson was set and ready, but I didn't care. I wanted to run after her, tell her I was sorry, beg her to forgive me. I told myself that if I went to help Scott and the pack stop Jackson, Taylor would be there when I returned. She would be safe in her bed, sleeping. But I was wrong.

After we stopped Jackson, I told Scott what happened with Taylor. I broke down, told him how much I messed up and wanted to talk to her. Take everything back. He listened, agreeing that he wanted to talk to her too. We drove to Taylor's house to find the front door locked. I hurried, unlocked the door, and rushed inside, Scott behind me. We called out for her, but no one answered.

"I'll look upstairs," Scott said before running up the stairs.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me. I walked around the house, checking every room. Taylor wasn't here. I looked in the kitchen last, finding a note on the table. It was a note from her grandma lying on top of an envelope. There was nothing else with the note or envelope, but the note hinted that money might have been in it.

"Anything?" Scott asked, running into the kitchen.

"Just this," I said, handing him the note. "You?"

"Nothing. This house is spotless. It's the cleanest I've ever seen," Scott sighed, looking at the note.

"Well, she is a neat freak," I said as I looked around the kitchen. Scott was right; nothing was out of place. I walked around, first checking the back door. It was locked, like always. 

I turned around and watched Scott toss the note back onto the table. He sighed, rubbing his eyes, "Where could she be? The note said what we already know. We knew she would spend some of the summer with her grandma."

I looked at Scott, then down the hall. I walked past Scott towards the hall closet. "Stiles, what are you doing?" Scott asked, his footsteps growing louder behind me. I felt him stop behind me, hovering. I took a breath, then opened the closet.

"Dammit," I muttered, running a hand over my head.

"What?" Scott asked, not catching on.

I said nothing as I turned around and went upstairs to Taylor's room. I walked in, going right for her dresser. Opening all the drawers, I noticed it right away. Half her clothes were gone; the ones left were shuffled around in the drawer. 

"Stiles, can you talk to me please?" Scott asked, standing in the room as I moved for the closet. I didn't answer him as I opened the closet door, finding the same thing. Half of her clothes were gone, and the rest of the closet was messy.

"Stiles--"

"She left," I said, cutting him off.

"What? What are you talking about?" Scott asked.

I turned around and sat on the bed, letting my head fall into my hands. "Her suitcase she always keeps downstairs, it's gone. Half of her clothes in her dresser and closet are gone and messy." I lifted my head to look at him, "She's a neat freak, Scott. She wouldn't leave that messy. She left in a hurry."