Jennifer Blake

"Taylor?" My eyes quickly moved away from the other Stiles to see Deaton now crouched down next to him, holding a clear vile of something. "Taylor, can you hear me?" He asks.

I nod, letting out another sob.

"Why don't you tell me what happened?" He asked, unscrewing the top of the vile. "The best you can."

"I don't feel good," I start panicking as my head feels like it's about to explode.

"Where?" Deaton asks, keeping his tone calm.

"My head," I mutter. "My head hurts so bad," I say, followed by another cry as Stiles tightens his grip around me.

"What did she do to you, Taylor?"

I can't answer him as I start to cry even harder. My head hurts so bad. Like it did when I was with Tate. That feeling was rushing back to my head. My memories. It was all flooding back. No, no, no, no, no–

"Ms. Blake said she blew some tree dust in her face," Lydia answered for me.

I watch as the smallest change happens in Deaton's face. I almost didn't notice it. "She said she was some offering," Lydia continues. "She kept going on about some offering."

Deaton quickly shakes his head as Stiles looks over at him, "What does that mean?"

Deaton ignores him, bringing the bottle up to my lips. "Taylor, I need you to drink this."

I oblige, letting him tilt the bottle and the liquid falls into my mouth and down the back of my throat. I gag instantly at the taste and Stiles helps me sit up as Deaton yells for someone to grab a trash can. It tastes like the bottom of someone's shoe after they ran a mile in dog shit. Not that I know what that tastes like. I can feel it moving around in the back of my throat, all the way down to the pits of my stomach. Then something starts coming up the back of my throat. I'm about to get sick. You have to be kidding me.

Just as I feel it in my mouth, Scott places the trash can right in front of me. I quickly lean over and throw up right into the trash can. It doesn't help that I'm crying or panicking, or my irrational fear of throwing up, but what does help is Stiles holding my hair back and rubbing my back. I love him for that.

I take a couple deep breaths when I'm done, instantly feeling better. The horrible dull ache in my head is gone along with the pain in my throat and my eyes can see clearly now. I sit back up, my back instantly meeting someone's chest. Deaton moves the trash to the side as everyone crowds down by me. "What the fuck was that?" I mutter, looking up at Deaton.

He crouches down in front of me, "That, for you, was a toxin."

"A what?" I ask, breathlessly.

"A toxin," he repeats. "It comes from a special, old tree. Things in it and things created from it are drawn to chaos, that's why it had such a huge effect on you."

I nod, understanding. "My magic."

"Something in that tree clung to you like no other," he explains. "It almost turned your mind off again."

"Yeah, I felt it." I deadpan. I shake my head, rubbing at my eyes, "I'm sorry." I look over to Scott and Lydia who are next to Deaton, "Where's Stilinski and Blake?"

They two exchange a confused look, "Ms. Blake took him," Stiles says from behind me.

I turn around as Scott helps me up from the ground. I meet Stiles' eyes and I can tell he's barely holding it together. I will not let him lose his Dad. If it's the last thing I do, I will not let him lose both of his parents.