Search & Rescue

I quickly made my way up Scott's driveway, running as fast as I could. My legs were burning from the fact that I ran the whole way here and my lungs were on fire. I almost tripped as I ran up the porch steps. As soon as I made it to the front door, I started pounding my fist against the door as hard as I could. "Scott!" I screamed, "Scott, open the door!"

I didn't stop pounding on the door until it quickly opened seconds later. Scott's hair was all disheveled, showing me that he had just woken up. He narrowed his eyes at me, "Taylor–"

"Is Stiles here?" I asked quickly, trying to catch my breath.

Scott shook his head, confused at my sudden presence and question. "No, he's not here. He's not with you?"

I shake my head, looking down at the ground, "He has to be here," I say more to myself than him. I could feel my throat run dry as my breathing didn't slow down.

Scott gently took my arm, leading me inside his house before shutting the door. "Taylor–"

"I woke up and Stiles wasn't there," I rushed out, looking at him. "Like he wasn't there at all. Not in his room, the bathroom, the kitchen, the basement. He wasn't anywhere and he's not picking up his phone and I–"

Scott placed both of his hands on my shoulders, looking right in my eyes. "Taylor, breathe."

I shook my head as my eyes welled with tears. "I don't know where he is," I said, my voice shaking. "I don't know–"

Scott moved us over to the couch, making me sit down. He moved to crouch right in front of me, "We'll find him," Scott says reassuringly. "Don't worry."

"He's still having nightmares," I explain as the first tear slides down my cheek. "I don't think he ever shut the door."

Scott's eyebrows furrow, "What do you mean? What door?"

I look at him, "The door in your mind that Deaton told you, Stiles, and Allison to shut." I quickly wipe the tears off my face, taking a deep breath. "His nightmares never stopped...I don't think he ever actually shut the door."

Scott nods, now understanding what I'm saying. "How did I not hear him get up?" I whisper, my eyes falling to the floor.

Scott grabs my hands in his, squeezing gently. "Taylor, this is not your fault," he says firmly. "Do not put this on yourself or it won't make it any easier to find him, okay?"

We both flinch as my phone begins to vibrate the whole couch. I tear my hands out of Scott's grip, reaching for my phone in my pocket. I see Stiles' name flash on the screen and I answer immediately.

"Stiles? Stiles, where are you?" I quickly rush out, abruptly standing from the couch. Scott motions for me to put the phone on speaker, so I do, holding it between the three of us.

"Stiles?" Scott asks, concern present in his voice.

He doesn't answer either of us, only heavy breathing on the other side. "Stiles? You there?" I ask again, almost begging him to just say anything.

"Taylor?" His voice is shaking horribly, a raspy undertone.

I let out something between a relieved sigh and sob. "I'm here. Scott and I are here, Stiles. Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

"Taylor, I don't know where I am..." his voice is shaking so hard, I can tell he's been crying. My heart breaks as he keeps talking, "I don't know how I got here...I think I was sleepwalking..."

"Okay," I try to keep my voice as smooth and relaxed as possible so he doesn't freak out anymore than he needs to be. "Um, can you see anything? Anything familiar?"