As the Earth Runs to the Ground

Song: as the world caves in by Matt Maltese

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Stiles POV)

Present Day

"He locked us in." I hit the door repeatedly, thinking it would change the situation, but the door wouldn't budge. I turned around to look at everyone else.

Scott quickly stood, carefully pushing me to the side. "What?" He grabbed a hold of the knob and shook it roughly. Nothing.

"I'll check the back door," Isaac said; Allison followed him.

I watched Lydia walk over to the window, pulling the curtains aside. "That's strange," She commented, tilting her head as she continued to look outside.

I quickly walked over next to her, peeking my head out the window. "What? What is it?" Lydia didn't have to answer as my eyes landed on them. Tate, Alma, and Joey all stood in Scott's driveway.

"What's going on?" Scott asked, still trying to break down his front door.

"They didn't leave," Lydia answered him.

"Back door is a no-go," Allison said as she joined us, and Isaac went to help Scott at the door. "What are they still doing here?"

I shook my head, "No idea."

"Any luck with the door?" Lydia asked, letting the curtains fall closed. We looked at Scott and Isaac, who had taken several steps from the door. 

"Last resort," Scott said, sounding a little winded.

"Body slam the door," Isaac clarified.

"This is not going to go well," Lydia whispered, shaking her head.

With a shared look, Scott and Isaac ran at the door, crashed into it, and to everybody's surprise, the door gave way and fell off the hinges. The two fell face forward with the door, crashing to the ground. The three of us didn't hesitate to run out the front door, Scott and Isaac quickly getting to their feet. They both exchanged awkward looks, their faces both flushed with embarrassment.

"Took you long enough," Joey remarked. "Let's see who gets through to her first." Like that, Tate, Alma, and Joey disappeared into thin air. 

Isaac ran down the porch steps, stopping in the middle of the driveway. "Where did they go?"

"Narnia," I snapped as I pulled my car keys from my pocket.

Isaac glared at me as everybody approached the jeep, "Do you ever answer a question without a sarcastic remark?"

I opened the driver's side door, "It's this condition I have. As everybody else filed in, I climbed into the jeep, "I contracted it when I met you."

I heard a growl come from Isaac as he sat behind me, and before I could say anything else, I felt someone smack the back of my head. "Ow!" 

I cradled the back of my head and looked at Scott, who had shut his door behind him, "Stop being a dumbass and drive."

I rubbed the back of my head, putting the keys into the ignition. "You didn't have to hit my head," I mumbled, putting the jeep into reverse and starting to back out of the driveway.

"You didn't have to hit my head," Isaac mocked quietly enough for me to hear still.

I put the car in drive and drove down the street, sending Scott a look, asking if he would do anything about Isaac mocking me. Scott let out an annoyed sigh, looking back at Isaac. "Don't make me come back there either, Isaac." Scott turned around to face the front, "You two need to learn to get along."