I'm Not Crazy

Have you ever felt that your life was torturously falling apart? How the world doesn't want you to be happy? Well, I've had enough of that feeling for a lifetime. It's ridiculous at this point that I'm still getting shit on from the universe.

Last night, I found out from Stilinski that I was probably going down for the murders that Tate, Alma, and Joey were convicted of. Someone went into that lab and came back with all of the fucking video footage and is ready to turn me in.

Stiles tried his best to get me to sleep last night, but I couldn't. I couldn't go to bed knowing that any minute, the entire town would figure out that it was me who killed Hillary, David, and Addie. Yes, I said Addie.

And if Stilinski could twist the viewers' eyes that I was mind-controlled (going off a big whim there), I would still go down for knowing about the information: aid and abet.

A lose-lose situation.

A fucking miserable situation.

Somehow, against their liking, I convinced Stiles and Scott to come back with me. To the lab. We told Scott everything on the car ride over, and he was fucking pissed.

To keep my mind off of my overall doom, Scott shared how the night at Lydia's lake house went. Kira kept Malia under wraps, but Scott had to chase Liam through the woods. Scott said Lydia acted weird after the party ended but never said anything.

Stiles' Jeep came to a halt outside the building. A huge chunk was missing from the top right of the roof from the fire. The place was as haunting as it's always been. 

The last time I was here, I was trying to escape Void. I had come to get the button to give to Deaton. But I fucked that up too. Maybe I should've just left it where it was, or hidden it, or fucking destroyed it after they got me back from Void.

Lots of consequences.

We all sat quietly in the car, not wanting to move. This could either go horribly wrong or wrong. Not letting myself drift off into the worst possible outcomes, I opened the door, letting my feet hit the ground before I slammed the door behind me. I heard Stiles and Scott get out of the car behind me. 

"Taylor, you don't have to go in there," Scott said as they stopped beside me. "Stiles and I can go in if it's too hard for you."

I could practically hear the gunshot go off from inside the room, the room where I lost a part of me, my life, and my sanity that I'll never get back. I could hear the punching bags from downstairs, bruising every one of my knuckles until they bled. I still heard the whirring of the machines, hitting me with what I've come to love. I could hear the screams of Addie rattling in my brain. I still heard the gunshot hitting her right in the head–

"Taylor," I snapped out of my mind to see Stiles standing before me. "Why don't you wait out here? Scott and I can look around ourselves." There was a hidden tone in Stiles' voice that said: Stay out here, don't you dare go in there.

I shook my head, looking over his shoulder. "You guys won't know what to look for. You won't be able to see what's out of place."

I watched as Stiles considered my words, looking for Scott's opinion. "I don't feel any better leaving her out here alone," Scott said, cautiously looking around the area.

Stiles sighed and grabbed my hand, "Fine." He looked at me, "Don't wander like you usually do."

I rolled my eyes as we walked through the hole in front of the building where the front door used to be. I kept my eyes on the ground, not daring to look at that room. I heard the ding of the elevator before we all shuffled in. I watched as Scott pressed the only button available on the panel. Down.