Right Back At Square One

My eyes fluttered open, and I heard a phone ringing. I was still cuddled up with Stiles; his arm wrapped farther around my waist; there was no way I could answer his phone without waking him up. 

"Stiles," I croaked, my voice dry and raspy. I lifted my head slightly off his chest to look at the time: 4:12 am.

"Stiles," I repeated. Still, he didn't move. 

I lifted my head higher so I could look at him. Stiles was sleeping peacefully, but that was about to change. I carefully brought one of my hands up and plugged his nose. He didn't do anything at first until he started squirming. Then his eyes popped open, and he pushed my hand away. 

"What the hell was that for?" He whined, taking deep breaths.

"Your phone's ringing," I said, motioning over to his phone.

"Why did you wake me up? You could've answered it."

"Because you would have woken up when I moved and then yelled at me for not staying in bed." I stared at him, but he still didn't say anything, "Am I right?"

The phone started ringing again. "Dammit," Stiles sighed. I rolled off him and flopped onto the other side of the bed. I can't say I'm not surprised Stiles' plan worked. I felt better after getting sleep for six straight hours and not fifteen minutes.

Stiles tossed the phone back onto the bed, "Who was it?" I asked, sitting up.

Stiles looked at me without saying anything. Was he staring? No. I'm just hoping he was staring. Stiles blinked a few times, shook his head, and said, "My dad."

"What'd he want?"

"He was wondering if I could bring him some food," Stiles explained, still looking at me. 

My face flushed as I climbed out of bed, "Yeah, we can do that."

He shook his head, walking to my side, "No, you stay. I can do it. You need to sleep."

"Stiles, it's fine," I smiled, pulling my sweatshirt on. "I won't be able to sleep if you're not here anyway."

A small smile crossed his lips, "Are you sure? You still look exhausted."

"Well, I am," I said, shrugging. "But it's nothing I can't handle."

Stiles sighed, grabbing his hoodie, "Okay, if you say so."

****

"What the hell is this?" Stilinski asked as he nearly choked on his bite of burger.

"It's a turkey burger," Stiles explained as we sat across from him.

"I asked for a hamburger."

"Turkey's healthier," Stiles countered. 

"Why are you trying to ruin my life?" His dad complained. 

"I'm trying to extend your life," Stiles clarified. "Now eat it and tell me what you found."

Stilinski said, "I'm not sharing confidential police work with a teenager."

"Come on," I whined. "We brought you food."

"Yeah, but you brought me a turkey burger," Stilinski argued. "So, I'm not feeling too generous."

"Is it on the board behind you?" Stiles asked. 

Stilinski and I glanced at the board behind him. Stiles and I leaned in, trying to get a good look. "Don't look at that," Stilinski said, trying to block our view. "Avert your eyes."