T H I R T Y F I V E

♡♡♡

"Excited for the race today mon amour?" Valentina questions her boyfriend softly as they both stand in the hotel room getting ready.

"More than." Lando smiles, walking into the bathroom where she was straightening her hair. Lando watched her for a few moments in the reflection of the mirror before he grabbed his toothbrush and smeared some toothpaste on it. The pair of them stood in comfortable silence with music playing through Teena's phone, the brunette girl looking at Lando with a soft smile when she'd finished with her hair.

Once he had finished brushing his teeth, he presses a soft kiss to her lips and smiles when she kisses back, the pair of them sharing the loving kiss before her phone started ringing and interrupted them.

"Swear if I get another phone call today I might cry." She mutters, giving Lando one last kiss before she answers the call. Lando smiled to himself before he cleaned up the bathroom and made his way into the hotel bedroom to grab his jacket, waiting for his girlfriend to be finished with her call before they could leave.

She was done around 5 minutes later, the girl shaking her head and putting her phone on do not disturb before she laced her fingers with Lando's, the couple leaving the hotel room to get to the Red Bull Ring for the race.

"Who was it?" Lando asks.

"Harrison, again. He's getting on my nerves." Teena huffs, rolling her eyes. Lando smirked to himself, knowing that the more he was trying to get on with her and flirt with her, the more she was getting annoyed at seeing his name pop up on her phone. It was most likely that she was going to snap at him sometime soon for just being incessant with his calls and constant flirting, which she had caught on with in the last few weeks and Lando couldn't wait for it to happen.

"Doesn't surprise " Lando shrugs, squeezing her hand softly before they reach the bottom floor of the hotel. The valet handed Lando his key as they left the hotel, the boy opening the door of his McLaren for Valentina before he moved over to the drivers side and got in himself.

His hand was laced with hers as he drove, only ever letting go to change the gears every few stops, the girl longingly staring out of the window in silence as he drove. He smiled at her and pressed a soft kiss to the back of her hand when he got the chance, the girl's heart feeling warm and full at how loving he was being.

Teena was immediately whisked away from him the second they arrived at the paddock, the girl discussing various things to do during the day with the social media managers whilst the drivers got on with their data. Lando was happy to be back, he was happy to be back in the racing environment and happy to be back doing the sport he loved with his gorgeous girlfriend by his side.

This year his biggest wish was to score his first podium, wanting more than ever to be able to celebrate his success with Valentina who would more than likely celebrate him for about 3 weeks afterwards. He wanted nothing more than to see the grin on her face when he crossed the finish line, the bone-crushing hug she would give him when he got to the podium and the sweet and loving kiss she would give him when he got his helmet off.

He had no idea he was daydreaming until his girlfriend walked into the garage with her phone to her ear, the boy furrowing his eyebrows with wonder before he overheard the conversation and realised it was someone in her family due to the fact she was speaking French.