T H I R T Y N I N E

♡♡♡

The day of the Bahrain Grand Prix had started off incredibly well, but as the day progressed and the race started, a horrifying accident put the drivers on the line and gave them a reality check. Their sport was dangerous, they weren't always going to be 100% protected, everytime they step foot inside of the garage and get into their cars they're risking their lives.

Lando had started the morning with his fiance by his side, her head resting on his bicep facing away from him, her hair tickling his chest whenever she would move the slightest best. God, he'd never change this for the world.

"Hm, morning angel eyes." Lando whispers.

"You haven't called me that in forever." Teena whispers back, a soft smile present on her face as she turns onto her stomach to look at him.

"I call you that everyday." Lando furrows his eyebrows, sitting up against the headboard of the bed to look at her.

"Still feels like forever since I heard it." She shrugs, pressing a soft kiss to his stomach before she gets up.

"Where are you going?" Lando asks with a small frown.

"To get dressed, Mr Norris." She replies, moving some of her hair out of her face as she walks into the bathroom.

He smiles to himself before he gets out of bed himself, joining her in the bathroom as she stands in front of the mirror brushing her teeth. After she'd finished, she stood beside Lando as she applied some mascara on her eyelashes, watching Lando watch her with a confused look on his face.

"How aren't you poking your eye out with that?" Lando asks.

"Because I'm experienced at it." She looks at him, slotting the lid back onto the tube before she presses her lips to his softly.

"Dépêche-toi avant que j'aie des ennuis." She whispers, watching the corners of his mouth turn upwards before he pecks her lips.

Whilst Lando brushed his teeth and sorted his hair out in the bathroom, Valentina had gotten dressed for the rather warm day ahead of them and was ready to go. She waited for Lando to get into his uniform before they left the hotel and made their way to the track.

"Oh you guys always look so happy." Charlotte comments when they walk into the McLaren hospitality. Lando grins and kisses Teena's cheek before he walks away, the brunette girl enfuling Lando's PR officer in a soft hug before they sit down together.

♡♡♡

Teena sat with Charlotte for the majority of the day, being alone only when Charlotte had to go with Lando to do some sort of public appearance. She'd seen a new McLaren intern walking around and gave her a welcoming smile, noticing how she looked her up and down and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, I see you've met Georgia." She hears someone say, the girl turning to look at another one of the interns.

"I'm Ella, I started a few weeks ago." The ginger holds her hand out for Teena to shake.

"I thought there was only one new intern, I've seen you around but I've not seen her before." Teena responds.

"She bought her way into the internship with Daddy's money." Ella huffed.