T H I R T Y S E V E N

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Lando found himself awake. Why? Because today was the day that he was finally taking Teena back to the paddock for the first time since they had gotten engaged all those weeks ago. He was worried that people at McLaren would shake their heads at them, claiming they were too young and that it was all just a fluke, and he was mortified about what Lewis would say.

He didn't care about Lewis considering it's his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, but whenever they were together in the paddock he would give them the dirtiest looks and the nastiest comments whenever they would walk by. This was surely going to get Lewis to his breaking point, but then again, Lando was excited to see how mortified he would be at the announcement.

"Tee." Lando whispers quietly, looking over his shoulder at his girlfriend who was fast asleep, her head nuzzled against his back and her arm lazily thrown over his waist.

"Teena." He whispers a little louder, picking her hand up with his own and moving it around to see if he could wake her up.

"Valentina." He whispers even louder, the girl finally groaning out in response.

"Lando it's late." She mumbles, moving her hand out of his grip to rest against her chest, in-between herself and Lando.

"I know it is, but I can't sleep and I don't know why." Lando speaks, watching her roll onto her back before she sighs. She sits up, her hair falling down her back as she rubs her eyes to get rid of the sleep, knowing Lando wouldn't stop until he could sleep.

"What time is it?" She asks quietly.

"Just going 5 am." Lando checks his phone, wincing at how bright the screen was.

"And you've had no sleep at all?" She inquires.

"I've had a few hours, woke up about an hour ago and I've not been able to get back to sleep." Lando shrugs.

"Do you have your car keys?" She questions further, turning to look at him with her eyes half-shut. He nods, watching as she rubs her eyes yet again before she shifts and gets out of bed, covering over her half of the bed before she turns the lamp on.

"We could always go for a drive and watch the sunrise." Teena suggests, watching him smile softly. He gets out of bed himself, slipping on some joggers and a hoodie whilst she slips on some leggings and a jumper, brushing through her rather messy hair whilst Lando moves to stand behind her.

"Come on before I fall asleep standing up." She jokes, tucking her hair behind her ears as they leave the hotel room. They left the hotel hand-in-hand, walking to the orange McLaren the team had rented for Lando for the weekend and getting in.