one

"You just weren't what we're looking for." Jungkook sighed, turning in his chair.

"Okay, well, thank you for the opportunity."

He ended the call there and tossed his head back. Again? He got rejected again.

"Are you ready to go?" Jimin tossed his keys up and down as he entered the room. "The apartment's gonna be so lonely without you."

"I didn't get the news reporter job," Jungkook sighed. He pulled up his stuff and smiled, standing with his backpack.

"Really?" He shook his head. "Sorry, bud."

"Ahh, it's fine-- hopefully I find something in america-- America's huge." Jimin laughed.

"Just don't go live there-- I'm not paying rent on my own for more than six months." Jungkook rolled his suitcase over and passed by his friend. He took a survey of his room before they headed to the living room.

"I'm doubting this whole thing now."

"You'll be fine, man."

"I knew I should've gone with something promising like, like, law."

"Law sounds boring-- you like journalism, you like writing-- you'll be fine, Jungkook."

"We'll see." He pulled his stuff to the doors as Jimin grabbed an apple. "Maybe you should come with me."

"Nice try."

"You know, because I'm newly single and all."

"This makes it seem like I should date you." Jungkook rolled his eyes. "And I have a girlfriend."

"No need to rub it in."

"And I have a date with her once I drop you off at the airport so hurry up, Kook."

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming-- you're the one eating."

"Well, I'm not trying to starve."

---

"Thanks."

"Have fun." Jungkook sighed. "You'll be just fine."

"Yeah, yeah."

"I heard y/n's gonna be at an airport today too-- did you see?" Jungkook's eyes widened.

"What?" Jimin chuckled. "For real?"

"You follow every fan account there is; you didn't know?" He shook his head. "Someone leaked her schedule or something-- but she'll be somewhere-- maybe here."

"What if she's on the same flight as me?"

"Depends on your luck." Jungkooks shoulders fell again. Jimin hugged him.

"I have the worst luck."

"We'll see-- have fun, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Actually do stuff there, okay? I want pictures from strip clubs from you."

"Oh, shut up."

It was only after his first short flight that he got to the second airport. It was just one transit but it would be ten hours long.

So naturally, Jungkook being Jungkook, bought himself some food and walked around the airport by himself, lost in his own little world.

Until a crowd of people caught his eye. Interest piqued, he pulled out his notepad and pencil and scurried over. He managed to tap someone on the shoulder to ask what was going on.

"Y/N? Y/N Y/LN? She's here!" the woman screeched. "She's my favourite actress-- I can't wait to meet her!"

Gasping, Jungkook took a step back. You? You here? Excitement running through his veins, he took a step back. He didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable or overcrowded. He'd read you were shy-- he didn't want to make you feel overwhelmed.