thirty-eight

"There's a vending machine!" Jungkook exclaimed. "Come, I'll get you a granola bar!"

"Snack?" At the mention of food, the little girl was running towards him. "Snack?"

"Yup!"

"Okay--" She giggled as he scooped her up onto his hip. Yoongi, overjoyed his actress was back, was becoming overwhelmed with the idea of a toddler on set. So much could go wrong.

He could get sued.

Was his kid going to be this jumpy?

"Jungkook!" The boy turned. "How much of that script do you have left to look over?" Jungkook gulped.

"A lot?"

"Can you do that-- not here?" Jungkook smiled. "Do it in an empty office room upstairs."

"Okay, hyung! Can I take El--"

"Please."

"C'mon, cookie! Let's get a snack and go upstairs, okay?"

"Uh huh."

The little girl was in awe, really, at all of this new stuff. She didn't know her mom worked here. "You like it here, cookie?"

"Uh huh-- come soon!"

"Sure! You have to ask your mom, okay?"

"Uh huh!"

They got themselves a snack before heading up to the elevators. It wasn't a long ride and Elise seemed to love all of the mirrors. "Me?" She ran to the other side. "Me?"

"And here too." Jungkook pointed behind him. She giggled and twirled.

"Me!"

Jungkook chuckled and took her hand as they walked out into the hallway. "We're gonna go do work now, okay?"

"Okay."

He kicked open a door and let her in. She walked in with wide eyes, looking around. "Sit here?" Jungkook asked. "You wanna?" She nodded and he let her stand in the spinning office chair. She giggled.

"So fun."

"You've gotta sit down, okay?" She nodded and sat on her bum, hands on the armrests. Jungkook looked around, hand on his hip. "Where can I sit?"

"Here!" Jungkook smiled.

"I can't sit on you-- I'd crush you!" He picked her up and set her on the ground. She frowned, tiny eyebrows furrowing up. "Do you wanna sit here?" He patted his thigh as he opened up his laptop.

"No."

"But I have to do work, remember?" She stared at his computer.

"Play game?" He shook his head. "Tae play games."

"But I don't have games on here." He frowned. He wished he had games. "I have games on my phone-- you wanna play on there?" Her eyes lit up.

"Uh huh!"

"Well-- um-- do you know how to play candy crush?"

---

"No! You coulda made five in a row there!" Elise giggled and swiped again, making a striped blue candy. "You have to get the cherry dow--"

The door opened and they looked up. Elise pressed his phone to her chest as you glanced at them, sitting in the chair together. Jungkook set his foot down and they stopped spinning. "Mama!" Elise screeched.

"Ms. Y/N!" 

You blinked. "What are you doing?" Jungkook took his phone and Elise whined as she reached for it.