forty-five

"Oh, Jungkook."

"Hi, my Ms. Y/N." You wrapped his arm around your neck.

"Hey, Koo."

"He isn't that drunk," Yoongi warned. "He had a few beers and I think your friend Namjoon said he only had a shot or two."

"Okay." Jungkook gazed at you. You shook your head. "I can watch him-- thanks, Yoongi." The man shook his head before heading to his car. You waved at the baby in the backseat. Jungkook waved through the mirror too.

"Bye, buddy!"

You gave Yoongi a small smile and Jungkook insisted on waiting until they left completely. "Let's go, kook."

"I'm not drunk, Ms. Y/N, I promise." You led him into your building. "I can't even walk in a straight line."

"Good job." You decided to take the elevator.

"Can you walk in a straight line, Ms. Y/N?" You pressed the up button. 

"Mhm."

You helped him step into the elevator. "Are we going to see Elise?" he asked. You leaned him against the mirror to press the button to your floor.

"She's upstairs-- we have to hurry, okay?" Jungkook's eyes widened.

"She's all by herself?" You nodded. "Oh no-- that means I have to walk fast then." You felt like you were talking to a child.

He turned to face the mirror and leaned his forehead against it. You pulled him away. "No, Jungkook." He pulled away and stared at you through the mirror.

"Ms. Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"You are so beautiful." You stared at him and he smiled. You blushed a little as the elevator dinged.

"Thanks, Kook-- let's go."

You pulled on his arm and you walked to your door together. You opened the locks and left him right at the door to quickly make sure Elise was okay. Thankfully, she was still asleep, curled up in bed. You let out a sigh in relief and Jungkook walked in behind you and gasped.

"She's gonna get cold!" He picked up the blanket Elise had kicked off of her bed and draped it over her carefully. "There." He turned to you and you gave him a small smile.

"C'mon, Kook." You turned the lights off and he followed you out of her bedroom. You gestured to a chair at the table and he pulled it out and sat down. "I'm going to get you water, okay?"

"Can I have milk?" You shook your head.

"I don't want you to throw up." You set a glass of water in front of him and he picked it up. It slipped from his hand and you gasped, steadying it on the table. "Ju--"

"I'm sorry!" he said quickly. "I didn't mean to!" You shook your head.

"It's okay-- here." You held the glass to his lips and he watched you as he tipped his head back to drink. You held eye contact with him until his eyes closed. Once he was done all of the water, you wiped at the corner of his mouth with your thumb.

"Thank you." You nodded and stepped away.

"Did you want more?" He nodded and you refilled his glass. "I'm going you let you stay the night, okay?"

"Okay!" You brought the glass to his lips and he drank. He stared at you the whole time. "Ms. Y/N?"

"Yes?" You put the glass in the sink before walking back to him.

"You are so beautiful." 

You sighed, pulling off his coat. "Okay, Kook-- I don't have anything to put you to sleep," you whispered. "This is going to be uncomfortable for you." He shook his head.