twenty-seven

an// hihi! if you're reading this, pretty please vote! it helps this book grow <3

~

"Elise's father did an interview." Jungkook watched your face as you removed the princess bandaid; it wasn't sticking. "He told everyone a bunch of fucking lies." He winced as you cursed.

"What'd he say?" He whispered it so quietly he practically mouthed it.

"Things like I took Elise from him when he wants custody too." Jungkook winced as you cleaned the wounds again. "Things like I drank while I was pregnant, I keep Elise hidden way because I don't want people to stop liking me." Jungkook stared.

"That's not true."

"It isn't," you agreed. "But he said it first-- people are already believing it." Jungkook's mouth fell open.

"But it's not true!" You sighed. "You have to tell the media that it isn't true! You're a great mom! He's an-- he's an--" Jungkook sighed. "He's an asshole, Ms. Y/N."

"I know." He watched as you smoothed your fingers over his new band-aids. He didn't like these beige ones so much-- they were boring. "Now there's a lot of news about it-- this is why I wanted to-- to tell the story first; before he got to it."

"I'm sorry, Ms. Y/N."

"Not only do people hate me now, but my career's also ended, I can't take Elise anywhere and her life is going to be ruined t--"

"Don't say that!" You stared at him, his hand still in yours. For such large and calloused palms, he was so warm and soft. "You just have to explain what happened! Everyone will understand."

"That's not how it works, Kook." Jungkook's eyes softened. "He said it first, it's my word against his and now everyone has an image of me that isn't going to be easy to erase."

Jungkook squeezed your hand. "If I was still-- still out there, I wouldn't have believed anything he said." You sighed. "I'd still be your number one fan."

"That's not how it works."

"Your fans will believe you! They'll see Elise and see how happy she is with you-- she doesn't need that guy! You're a great mom. Maybe you work a lot, I guess, but you work for her! You have to work and you take great care of her-- she loves you!" Your eyes watered. "You're-- your-- he-- he's a piece of crap and I would beat him up but I don't want to actually hurt anyone because, well, I don't have enough money for a lawyer."

This made you smile. "That's cute." Jungkook blushed red, the blood rushing straight to his cheeks. "I'm-- I'm sure Hoseok will work something out for me. I don't mind ending acting here."

"What?" Jungkook hopped off of the counter to stand directly in front of you. You blinked up at him. "Why? You can't do that!"

"People don't want to watch movies if I'm--"

"I would!" He put both hands on your shoulders and you glanced at them. "Ms. Y/N-- you're the best actress in the industry! You have to be! You're my favourite-- you can't quit now!"

"I'm not going to keep working just because you want me to."

"I'm your biggest fan!" He squeezed your shoulders. "Ms. Y/N-- your real fans would really miss you." You sighed.

"You should go home now, Jungkook." He removed his hands from you. "Your girlfriend wouldn't like to hear that you're here so late." He frowned.

"Gi--girlfriend?" You nodded, putting away your things. You threw away the princess bandaids. When you looked at him again, confusion was clear on his face and he was bright red all over again. "I don't have a girlfriend!"