eleven

"Don't even bother explaining, hyung."

"It was our anniversary! What'd you expect?"

"A text maybe?" Jimin chuckled as he kicked off his shoes and threw his keys onto the couch. Jungkook stirred his cereal.

"Sorry, dude, we got a little bit caught up."

"You couldn't have told me after at least?" Jimin smiled. "Well-- I made you cookies but since you didn't get home last night I just left them out in case you did."

"They're like-- hard now."

"Good for you." Jungkook gave his roommate a teasing grin as he walked around the counter to eat his cereal. He pulled his phone out. "Yoongi hyung!" He quickly wiped at his sweats and stood straight as he opened the text.

"What's he say?" Jimin pulled Jungkook's bowl of cereal to him. Jungkook sighed as his shoulders dropped.

"I have to leave early again."

"Well-- at least you aren't sleeping until eleven anymore." Jungkook rolled his eyes, reaching for his breakfast only to find it not there. He glared as he watched Jimin eat it.

"Didn't you and jm/gf have breakfast together?" Jimin shook his head.

"She i-n't 'ake yet." Jimin swallowed his food. "I'm gon' get her f-owers on the way back from the gym."

"Okay-- I guess I'll just eat a protein bar on the way to set or something." Jimin ducked under the counter and tossed Jungkook one. "Thanks."

"Mhm-- oh!" Jungkook headed into his room for his things. "I need to talk to you." Jimin followed him.

"About what?" He rested against Jungkook's doorway as he ate his breakfast.

"Well, I just wanted to--" he paused to swallow. "I don't know how to say this."

"What happened?" Jungkook grew concerned as he looked over quickly. "Is everything okay-- oh my god, you guys broke up!" Jimin laughed.

"What, no--"

"Oh, hyung." Jungkook wrapped his arms around his friend. Jimin couldn't stop laughing. "Are you okay-- why are you laughing?"

"We didn't break up, stupid." Jungkook frowned. "She asked if-- if I wanted to move in with her."

Jungkook's arms dropped to his sides. "What?" The question came out as a whisper.

"Yeah-- she asked last night." Jungkook didn't respond. "And, like, she's only a few floors down; we're in the same building so it won't be that much of a difference." Jungkook's eyes snapped up.

"But you're moving away." Jimin stopped chewing.

"But-- it's not very far, Kook-- and I'm there all of the time anyway." Jungkook nodded.

"Yeah... I guess so." Jimin watched as Jungkook turned back around to get his backpack. "I have to go now."

"Hold on-- Jungkook, you okay, bud?"

"I'm fine."

"I'll drop you off." Jungkook shook his head.

"I can go on my own." Jimin grabbed his keys anyway. "I'm going to be alone now anyway."

"Come." Jungkook let out a heavy sigh as they left the apartment together.

---

"Jungkook-- you're late."

"Sorry, hyung." Yoongi scanned Jungkook's hands-- no coffee. His shoulder slumped. When Jungkook said nothing else, Yoongi spoke up.

"Did you do the writing I asked you to do?" Jungkook nodded, sitting in his chair and pulling his bag into his lap. He fished out the stack of paper and handed it to Yoongi.