eighteen

"Do you have to go?" Jungkook crossed his arms as he leaned against the front door.

"This means I'm in, dude-- I have to start looking for rings soon."

"You can do that and still live here." Jimin smiled.

"Can I take this mug?" Kook shook his head.

"I don't want you to leave-- I have to live by myself which means I have to cook my own food and clean." Jimin laughed. "You do the cooking, Jimin."

"Not anymore I don't."

"I don't want you to move in with jm/gf."

"You want me to date you instead." Jungkook huffed out a breath as he watched his best friend pack up more bits and pieces of his stuff. Jungkook dropped into the couch with a glare. "C'mon, Kook-- I'm only gonna be a floor or two away."

"That's an entire two floors, Jimin."

"Exactly-- no commute needed."

"Don't even think about it," Jungkook said with a point as Jimin picked up their shared playstation. "You have to come here if you wanna use it."

"Alright, alright." Jungkook leaned back into the couch after grabbing the script from the coffee table. "And besides, you're on set at your fancy new job all of the time now anyway."

"I'm not."

"And you still haven't introduced me to Seokjin? When you know he's my favourite."

"I can't just take you with me!" Jimin chuckled. "You'll meet him someday."

"I better be your plus one to the movie premiere." Jungkook grinned.

"Who else would I take?" Jimin smiled, lifting the box in his arms.

"I'm gonna drop this off downstairs to the love of my life," he informed. Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Don't worry-- you have a little more time with me still."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Jimin headed off and Jungkook stared at his papers. He was supposed to come up with ideas for staging these. And while the script was amazing, he couldn't come up with anything. Yoongi was going to be so disappointed in him if he showed up later without having his homework done.

And speaking of homework, the poor kid was still behind in his classes.

"Hyung?"

"Yeah." Jungkook heard a cut being called and pulled his feet up as he readjusted his phone under his ear. "Okay-- what?"

"I think-- I think it would be nice if I didn't come in later, hyung." Yoongi sighed and Jungkook could already picture him rubbing his forehead.

"Why not, Jeon?"

"Um-- well, I have a lot to do." Yoongi let out another sigh. "Please?"

"Today?"

"Yeah."

"Alright-- fine, don't come in today but when you come in tomorrow you better have all of the scenes for the next week figured out." Jungkook grinned.

"Don't worry, hyung! I can do it." Yoongi sighed and ended the call as Jungkook grabbed his things.

He'd have to grind out a few essays and a few readings. Then he could tackle everything Yoongi asked him to do.

So with that in mind, Jungkook headed right over to Namjoon, ready to get all of his work done. Except, a surprise awaited him. "No," he sighed to himself in a little mumble, as happy as he was. And it was too late to turn back because she'd already seen him.