thirty-seven

"Mama?"

"Hm?"

"Mama-- hungry."

"Okay-- okay." You sighed as you pulled Elise off of you to sit next to you in bed. "Didn't we just have dinner?" The little girl blinked at you.

"Uh huh." You yawned and got out of bed, checking the time. It was three in the morning.

"Come on." She crawled down and took your hand as she followed you out of your room and to the kitchen, turning all of the lights on, you headed to your fridge. "Did you want cereal, honey?"

"No." She crawled into a chair, yawning. "Milk."

"Okay." You decided to warm it up a bit to help her go back to sleep. "Chocolate?"

"Banana." You shook your head.

"We don't have banana milk." She frowned. "Chocolate or strawberry, baby."

"Choc-ate." You nodded. "Mama?"

"Mhm?"

"See Hobi today?" You smiled.

"I did." She yawned again. "Did you have fun with Joon and Kook?" 

She nodded. "Uh huh." You screwed the lid of her cup on and handed it to her. She took it. "Thank you, mama."

"You're welcome." she leaned against the back of the chair as she closed her eyes and drank. You poured yourself a glass of water. 

"Mama sleepy?" You nodded and she stumbled out of the chair to take your hand.

Leading her to her room, you turned the hallway lights on too. She sat in bed and you pulled the covers over her as she drank her milk. She smiled at you with heavy eyelids before giggling. "What happened?" She shook her head and played with a strand of hair as she drank. You pulled her hand away and moved her rings around.

"Gonna sleep soon?" she asked, handing you the empty bottle. You set it on the ground by her bed.

"I'll stay here 'till you fall asleep, okay?" She nodded.

"Mama sleep here?" she asked. You sighed.

"Do you want me to?" She nodded and shuffled over as she laid down. You stood. "I'll get my phone, okay?"

"Okay."

By the time you returned, she was already asleep, curled up against her pillow. You moved things around and slipped into bed too. She squished right into your side for warmth and you sighed, playing with her hair gently as you turned your phone on. Your sleep was interrupted now anyway.

You checked through your email for any updates from the lawyer or Hoseok before turning to your texts. You sighed, scrolling through all of the unopened messages.

jin: i can bring over the script tomorrow on my way home from sj/w's doctor's appt :)

namjoon: i think she left her bunny in my office so don't mention it until i bring it over or she might freak out

y/f: i'm sure it'll all work out right? your hot manager will figure it out

jungkook: goodnight ms y/n! i had fun with elise today and i hope you're feeling better :D 😴

hoseok: read this

You groaned internally to see yet another link to an article. He knew you hated reading these and yet he kept sending them. Something about understanding what everyone thinks in order to approach the situation correctly was what he mentioned but it went through one ear and left the other for you. You couldn't bother worrying about everyone else's opinions at the moment.