thirty-five

an// hey guys, i know i haven't been good at posting this last little while. im so sorry :( I've been so busy with school. but we've just been given winter break so i hope to start posting properly hehe <3 

~

"Hobi, I didn't mean to hurt him."

"I know-- it's okay." You sighed, rubbing your forehead as Elise played with your hair. "I just thought I'd let you know in case you planned on coming back to work soon."

"I need some more time." Hoseok sighed into the phone. "I just need-- just a little more, okay?"

"Yoongi hyung's really upset." You closed your eyes. "Alright-- take the time you need. There's nothing more I can say."

"Thank you," you whispered, feeling guilty. "Is-- is Taehyung okay?" Hoseok sighed. "What else did he say to you?"

"Not much-- he needs a few weeks off."

"Okay."

"He's liked you for a while now, y/n." You sighed. "A long time-- and with the kid-- with Jungkook, it just--"

"He got jealous." Hobi hummed. "I didn't know-- I had no idea."

"You were caught up with your daughter." You looked down at the little girl as she plopped down into your lap, pulling a book to her. At least you could play with her these days.

"Yeah."

"Alright, y/n-- I'll talk to you later." You hung up and set your phone down.

"Read, mama?" You nodded and picked up the book Elise was holding and she clapped her hands. You felt sad again-- you'd really hurt Taehyung now. "Mama?"

"Right, sorry baby." She giggled and leaned into your chest as you read the words on the page. She yawned and nestled into you. You paused to whisper to her. "Don't fall asleep yet, okay? We're going to have lunch soon."

"Then sleep?"

"Yes, then you can have a nap." She nodded and curled up anyway. You stroked her hair and she let out another yawn as you flipped the page. She pointed at the cat in the book.

"Kitty!"

"That's righ--" Your doorbell rang and she looked up at you. You sighed, setting her on the floor as you stood. "I'll go see who it is."

You peered out and sighed in relief to see Namjoon waiting patiently. You opened the door to him and he stepped in. "Hey."

"Hi-- no work today?" He smiled.

"I had the cashiers take over for a bit." He held up a paper bag. "I have something for my favourite pumpkin."

Elise ran out of her room at the sound of his voice. He crouched down and she walked right into his hug. "Joon," she whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck as he lifted her. "Stay for lunch?"

You smiled and walked him in as he carried her. "Sure-- I can stay for lunch." You turned to him. "I'd actually love to; I haven't eaten."

"We're just having leftovers."

"Fine by me." You smiled and pulled the lasagna out of the fridge. Namjoon glanced at it as he sat at the table with Elise in his lap. She pulled out the wrapped cookie that he'd put in the bag for her. "Are your cooking skills broadening now?" You smiled.

"Jungkook brought this." Namjoon nodded and you microwave the meal. "He stops by with food here and there-- you should let him take Yoongi's coffees for free on behalf of me." Your best friend chuckled.