twenty-three

"I don't know, Joon." You took a sip of your coffee. "It just feels weird."

"He's a nice kid, y/n." You looked to your best friend. "He's just-- I mean he's really cute, isn't he?"

"Yeah, but-- he's all Elise talks about."

"I don't see anything wrong with it?"

"I just don't think I'll see him much after the movie's been shot-- or even after his internship with Yoongi is over." Namjoon sighed. "I just feel weird about it when I'm not sure what his intentions are."

"What might his intentions be?" You shrugged.

"I don't think he'll be around much afterwards and I don't know how I'll deal with her constantly asking for him when that happens." Joon thought. "She's just so little-- I don't want her to get so attached to him."

"I see what you mean but I also don't see a reason why you couldn't remain friends." You looked at him.

"Namjoon, Jungkook and I are simply coworkers." The barista smiled.

"It'll break his heart if he hears that." You sighed, swirling your finger around the lid of the coffee cup as he bustled around, trying to get the cold brew steeped. "I'm not kidding when I say he's honestly a child in a man's body-- he'll be even more upset than Elise if you stop letting him see her."

"I don't really care about him though." You could always be honest with Namjoon; no matter how you sounded, he always understood.

"I can tell." You rolled your eyes.

"I have no reason to care about him-- he isn't anyone to me."

"You know, I think part of the problem is that Jungkook still sees you as an idol." You looked up to. "He still idolizes you-- you see that too and it makes it hard for you to see him as a friend."

"I really don't want to be his friend regardless." Namjoon wiped down the counter and walked to the sink to wring out the towels. "I don't know-- and with the whole Elise thing in general? I think he thought Taehyung and I were together." Namjoon let out a laugh.

"Taehyung? Your assistant?"

"Yeah." You sighed and shook your head. "He stayed over a little after you left the other day and he asked me where he was."

"Oh gosh, Kookie."

"And Taehyung quite literally despises him."

"Why?"

"You know how he is-- he's a bit protective of me and Jungkook can come off a little--"

"Curious," Namjoon said at the same time you finished your sentence.

"--nosy." You both laughed a little.

"Well, I see where he's coming from but Jungkook means no harm." He sighed. "The kid never does."

"I know." You stretched your arms. "So you think it's okay that I let Elise keep seeing him?"

"He adores her and her him." You shrugged. "I think it's up to you, but again-- Jungkook never means to butt into your life or cause disruption."

"Those things happen on their own." Namjoon smiled. "Yeah, I know. He's cute, if anything. Reminds me of a little kid." He sighed and nodded.

"He does, doesn't he?" You smiled and pulled your purse onto your shoulder

"I should get home to Elise." Joon held up a finger.

"Give me two seconds to lock up and I'll give you a ride home."