twenty-five

"You got it!" Jin laughed.

"Yes, yes, yes-- I need your help hyung!" Jungkook quickly set the cake on Yoongi's chair as Jin hurried over. "I asked the lady for candles and she gave me so many-- should we put them all in?"

"Uh-- I'm not sure, Kookie-- Yoongi? Thoughts?" 

The director headed over, a frown on his face. "No? Don't put all of them in."

"But why!"

"Are you trying to burn the building down?" 

Jungkook giggled. "Maybe," he teased. Yoongi rolled his eyes. "And! I didn't ask her to put Ms. Y/N's name on the cake because, you know-- I didn't want her to know, of course."

"Smart thinking," Jin praised.

"So I got this instead!" Jungkook was a little late in digging it out of his pocket but fished out the icing tube. Yoongi rubbed his forehead.

"She'll be here in five minutes-- what bakery was open at five in the morning?" he questioned. Jungkook blushed red.

"It's from the grocery store, hyung." Jin chuckled as he took the icing tube, kneeling on the ground as he pulled the cap off, ready to ice your name under the already iced happy birthday

Jungkook clapped as he watched his hyung do it. His lettering wasn't nearly as fancy as the pre-iced words but it was enough to make Jungkook jump up and down. And that was all Jin had hoped for anyway.

"There you go, buddy." Jin stood and brushed off his knees. "Now we wait."

"Should we turn off the lights?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook nodded and pushed all 23 candles into the cake, scattered around your cake. Staff walked around to get the lights and Yoongi used a lighter to carefully light each candle, not having trusted Jungkook to do it. He was holding the cake though and that was enough to keep Yoongi's eyes glued to his intern, making sure a disaster didn't arise from this harmless surprise.

"I think Taehyung and her are pulling up," Jin announced. Hobi slipped in just then, the lack of light confusing him. Once he spotted the brightness of the candles illuminating Jungkook's face in the dark, he smiled.

"Surprise?" he asked. Everyone nodded.

"Hide, guys!"

Everyone ducked where they could by the entrance as both yours and Taehyung's voices got louder. Jungkook hopped from foot to foot and Yoongi reached out a hand to steady his arm.

"She gave me a little card she'd made with Daisy yesterday," you said. Taehyung chuckled. "It was cute-- I'll show you if you come by tonight?"

"I'd love to-- I have a gift for you too, actually."

"Oh?" 

Tae chuckled again. "I was actually wondering if you'd like to go for dinner tonight?" Your eyebrows raised. "Seeing as it's your birthday and all."

"Just you and I?" He opened the front door for you and you walked in, a frown on your face.

"That was what I was thinking, ye--"

"Happy birthday, Ms. Y/N!"

You gasped as Jungkook approached you in the dark, a blazing cake in his hands. You actually laughed as the lights turned on, a series of wishes coming from around the room. Covering your mouth with your hands, you laughed some more.

"Wow," you sighed, "I wasn't expecting this at all."

"Happy birthday!" Jungkook yelled again. "You have to blow out your candles now, Ms. Y/N!" You looked back at Taehyung who had nothing to say. An expressionless look was left on his face.