thirty-three

"Hi, Ms. Y/N-- good morning!"

You closed your eyes to the sound of his voice over the phone. "Jungkook."

"How's your day been so far?" You looked at Elise, sitting on the corner couch, arms crossed.

"I'm busy, Jungkook."

"Oh!" He grinned on his end. "Are you practicing your lines?"

"No." Elise sniffled and got off of the couch, running to her room.

"Okay-- well, Ms. Y/N, I just had a very quick question."

"Jungkook."

"Would you be able to come to set today?" You rolled your eyes.

"No."

"Please? I have some quest--"

"No, Jungkook, I'm not coming."

"But--"

"Please!" Elise cried, holding up her bunny. You sighed. "Mama-- please!" As cute as it was that she was trying to trade her bunny for what she wanted, you were the adult.

"No." Jungkook grinned to hear his friend's voice.

"Elise?" he asked. You sighed. "Is she there?"

"Jungkook-- I really have to hang up now."

"But could I at least say hi to--"

"Dais come?" She sniffled and tugged on your shirt. "Dais take!"

"No, Elise."

"Please!" You pulled the phone away from your ear. "Wanna walk, mama-- wanna walk!"

"Elise-- we are not going on a walk right now."

"Please!"

"And Daisy is not coming today." She began to cry harder.

"Please?" 

You heard a loud sigh come from the phone and pulled it back to you. "Jungkook, I have to g--"

"Why won't you take her on a walk, Ms. Y/N?" You sighed. "She's only 2-- did you know a lot goes on in a baby's brain at two years old? Physical activity is gr--"

"Jungkook, she can jump around here then."

"But! Fresh air!"

"Are you out of your mind?" His face fell on his end. "If someone sees me with her, who knows what they'll do." Jungkook frowned.

"You're right."

"I can raise my child, Jungkoo--"

"I can take Elise on a walk then!" he exclaimed. You sighed. "They don't know me and they don't know Elise! We'll just be two friends walking!"

"No."

"Come on, please?" Now you had two people begging you to go on a walk.

"No, Jungkook." He sighed loudly. "I'm hanging up now."

"Okay-- bye bye."

You hung up and returned to your battle with your daughter as Jungkook sulked over to Hoseok. "Hi, Jungkookie-- do me a favour and get Taehyung for me?"

"Hyung?"

"Yeah--"

"Um-- no thanks." Hoseok looked up from what he was typing.

"No?" Jungkook blinked. "Why not-- are you busy?"

"Well-- um-- no but--" He sighed. "He's a bit scary; I think I got on his bad side." Hobi ahhed.