twenty-eight

"Mama?" Elise whined as she pushed herself up to sit. She stared down at Jungkook below her, groaning at the weight shift. She poked him on the neck before lying back down. "Mama?"

She whined a little as Jungkook shifted in his sleep, nuzzling further into the couch. She sat back up and yawned. It took her a few seconds but she managed to get off of him, running around the apartment in search of you.

"Mama?"

"Hm?" You walked out of the bathroom and she raised her arms. You picked her up. "Hi."

"Goo- mor-ing," the toddler mumbled, wrapping her arms around your neck. You rubbed her back.

"Should we use the washroom?" She nodded.

You helped her in the washroom and let her brush her teeth as you slipped your robe back on. No point in showering if you weren't going to leave your house anyway.

"Done." You pulled her down from the counter and she walked out of the room to hers, going to find an outfit to get dressed in.

It was only when you left your room that you consciously remembered Jungkook's presence. He was curled up on your couch now, arms around a cushion to replace Elise as he stretched his legs out further.

You sighed. "This?" Elise held up a yellow dress. You nodded.

"If it's clean." She nodded and ran back to her room to get changed. You walked to the kitchen to pop a mug under the coffee machine, rubbing your eyes as you reached for your phone, still resting in the fruit basket.

You powered it on as you poured out some milk for Elise. Another done came from down the hallway as Elise hurried into the kitchen. You sighed and she headed for the cupboard. "Cereal?" You nodded.

"Sure."

She pulled out a box, only managing to get it out on the floor before getting tired. You poured some in a bowl and handed it to her. She took it to the couch with her sippy cup.

"Goo- mor-ing, Kookie," she said, sitting next to his head. He turned away from her, hands under his head, mouth slightly open. Elise went back to her food, eating slowly.

You sipped on your coffee as you scrolled through the messages you'd received in the past twenty-four hours. The majority of them were from family, asking if you and Elise were alright. Namjoon had texted you over a hundred messages, reassuring you that it'd all be alright. You responded to those.

The rest were from work-- Hoseok, Taehyung, and a few from Yoongi. You sighed to see Jin's messages, heartwarming paragraphs from your co-actor. You responded to those too.

You didn't even bother opening any social media.

You headed back to your room to plug the device in to be charged when a loud song played, startling you. Jungkook's phone.

Coming out of your room, you sighed to see Elise's cereal scattered about, Jungkook sitting up on the couch, one hand rubbing his eye, the other frantically trying to dismiss his alarm. You watched as Elise ran around the living room, putting the cereal back in her bowl.

"Dropped them, mama," she said to you. "Got scary."

"That's okay." 

Jungkook blinked at you. "Goo- mor-ing." You nodded and he turned, sitting on the couch properly. He watched Elise clean her mess from being startled and bent down to help her. "Some under the couch too," he mumbled, voice rough and deep.

You watched as he stood and pushed the couch away as they cleaned up the cereal in silence. She held up the bowl and he took it. "Gotta get more," she said. He nodded. "Dirty now."