forty-two

an// hi loves <3 im so sorry for notposting :(( i've had exams this week and i've been so busy studying for them that i've forgotten to post. i apologize but here's the next chapter! i love you <3 

~

"No no no-- cut!" Jin stood straight and you sat properly on the table. "I don't like it-- hyung, what the heck are you doing?" Jin smiled.

"This is what you wrote, buddy-- is it not?"

"No! This wasn't what was in my head." Jungkook rubbed his forehead.

"It's what's on the paper," you whispered. Jungkook stared at it.

"No, no, no."

"What's wrong, Jungkook?" The boy turned to his boss.

"I'm not doing so good, Yoongi hyung," he mumbled. "This is going terribly."

"Okay, leave the script then." Jungkook watched as Yoongi took the papers away from him.

"But hyung--"

"Just tell them what you want them to say."

Jungkook stared at you and Jin, both of you waiting patiently for instructions. Jungkook's eyes watered. "I don't know," he whispered. Everyone stared at each other.

"Alright." Yoongi clapped. "Short break-- ten minutes."

The camera and sound crew ran off as Jungkook dropped into the director chair that had become his for the day. Yoongi rubbed his shoulder and walked off to get a drink while Jungkook straightened himself out.

"Jungkookie," Jin sighed, sitting on the armrest of Kook's chair. "You okay, buddy?"

"Uh huh." Jungkook wiped at his eyes as you crouched in front of him, pulling your dress over your knees and fixing your heels beneath you.

"Are you sure?" He nodded and Jin gave you a smile before going back to Kook. "I'll get my assistant to go fetch you a drink, alright?"

"That's okay, hyung; you don't have to do that."

"I want to, buddy-- and didn't you tell me once that banana milk was instant happiness?" Jungkook smiled a little. "I'll be back."

Jin left and you rested a hand on Jungkook's thigh. You could feel the muscles beneath his jeans flex and pulled away. "Would you like a snack or something?" He shook his head.

"No thank you, Ms. Y/N."

"El-- Elise will visit later." He looked at you. "I thought it would be nice if Daisy brought her; seeing as it's your last day and all."

"That would be nice." You reached up and he froze as you wiped away his tears with your thumb.

"Are you-- are you okay?"

"Ye--yeah."

You stood and sat where Jin had been sitting and crossed one knee over the other. Jungkook tensed up a little bit and you handed him your copy of the script. "I think you did a good job," you whispered. "You're just doubting yourself."

Jungkook blinked at where you'd highlighted your name for your parts. He'd even written Ms. Y/N in the script out of respect. He traced his finger over the green highlights. "Yeah."

He glanced at your knee and reached his hand up. You watched as he tugged at the hem of your dress, pulling it further down. You stood and it fell correctly into place again. He let out a sigh of relief.

When Jin returned, he wasn't alone. Namjoon strolled in as well, a carton, a whole carton, of banana milk in his arms. "Hyung?"

"Hey, buddy." He set it down and Jungkook stood quickly.