Chapter 34: Welcome to my world

Eunmi's Point of View

"My name is Jongin. I'm the writer who lives next door. See you tomorrow, hyung. Don't forget!"

"That is so friggin' sad, I can't even!"

I shouted so loud the guys all turned their heads to me. I didn't even care for the stares because I ran straight to Kai and hugged him so tight it might have almost crushed him. He grunted under my hold, probably feeling uncomfortable by the second. It wasn't a long hug, though, because my overprotective of a boyfriend pulled me away in an instant. Kyungie and Kai were now stood in front of me and I shifted my gaze between the both of them, earning weird looks from the two. I noticed Kyungie opening his mouth, but before he could even utter a single word, he, too, met the wrath of my smouldering embrace.

"Uh, what's going on?" I heard Lay ask in a confused tone.

"She's finally going loco," Sehun chuckled, which gained him a smack at the back of the head from Suho.

"Um, babe?" Kyungie inquired.

"It's okay, Kyungsoo. Jongin is in a better place," I hushed.

"MWO?!" they all shouted in surprise and complete shock.

It yanked me back to reality so hard I felt embarrassed I wanted to poke my eyes out and crawl in a hole never to come out again. Their looks of confusion were shot at me, it felt as if their eyes were lasers boring holes through my skull. I didn't mean to get carried away, really, but whenever I read an amazing fan fiction (which was rarely), I would get caught up in its world. When it finishes, I literally didn't know what to do with my life. It was like completing a whole season of your favourite drama... You wouldn't know how to continue life now that it has finished.

The guys still stared at me, but now with one eyebrow raised, anticipating an explanation for my short absentmindedness. Kai definitely didn't look happy, but I couldn't blame him, considering that I did just blurt out saying he was now in a better place. Kyungie had his arms folded across his chest as he slowly stepped toward me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah. Why do you ask?" I chuckled nervously.

"Maybe because of the fact that you basically said I was dead," Kai answered instead.

"Sorry, I was just reading something sad," I said, which was actually true.

"And you decide to put me in heaven?" Kai raised a brow.

"I get carried away." The truth.

"Were you reading stories about us?" Kyungie asked, narrowing his eyes.

I gulped, "No." A complete lie.

"Good, 'cos that would just be weird," he sighed, and then taking my hand, leading me to sit on his lap once he had sat himself on the couch next to Luhan.

I wasn't a KaiSoo shipper per se because I was obviously rooting for the KyungMi/EunSoo team (if you catch my drift here, ladies and gentlemen), but I've heard of the famous Anterograde Tomorrow and decided why not finally read it. I was kept out of the loop regarding that fan fiction long enough and I didn't want to stay out of date with fan stuff forever. I was still a fan, after all, although a very fortunate one who caught a lucky break.

Mother was once again gone to wherever it was she went, but this time she insisted I stayed with the boys. I told her it was too risky because they were active with schedules again, but she argued my safety came first than media tabloids writing articles about me. But, of course, if the media found out, I was as good as a dead person.