Chapter 60: Nerving talks

Eunmi's Point of View

Two weeks has passed since Jungkook called to tell me that Sehun told him it was actually D.O who told the media about him visiting me at the hospital. Honestly, I didn't know why it was such a big deal in keeping it secret. But I was also mad that he was the one who did the deed. I had thought it would be Hye Jin since it was expected of her, because she was always a bi- well, you get what I was trying to say.

I had been back at school for a week now and truthfully, I couldn't take all the stares and the whisperings behind my back. I was just glad that graduation was two and a half months away. Finally, a way to escape this god-forsaken place.

"Hey, girl," I heard someone call behind me. When I turned around, I found Sandy standing there.

"Oh, hey," I tried to smile.

"What class do you have now?" she asked as we walked through the hallway.

"I'm actually just planning on going home now... or somewhere else since my mother's there," I admitted.

"Don't you think... Actually, never mind," she said.

"No, tell me," I prompted.

She sighed, and then turning her head to look at me. "I know you've been through so much, more than any girl your age should, but you can't hold onto this forever. It might still be too soon, but I also know that you would have to forgive those people who hurt you soon enough. I know you're really hurt, but I'm sure they're hurt, too. No one asked for this to happen, but the only way to really move on is to forgive and forget... if you can."

Her words lingered around me and before I could respond to her short speech, she gave me a half smile and walked off to her class. I sighed at the thought of talking to my mother about all this, at the thought of talking to D.O again.

My life was seriously some kind of fanfic sh*t. It was all too surreal.

I thought of what Sandy said to me. As much as I'd hate to admit it, she was right. And as much as I wanted to deny it to myself, I loved D.O too much to stay angry with him. He has caused me to feel so many emotions, he didn't even know it. I just wished I could tell him how I really felt, but I was afraid my anger overshadowed the need to tell him.

By the time I got home, my mother was sitting on the couch watching Miracle in cell no. 7. The moment she noticed me standing there, she turned off the television and stood up to head to her room. She must have thought all this while that I needed all the space I could get, so she went to her bedroom to give it to me. I felt terribly bad, I really did.

When she was a metre away from her door, I stopped her.

"Eomma, wait," I said. A terrified yet surprised expression filled her face as she turned to look at me.

"There is food in the microwave. I thought you'd be hungry," she said quietly, and I couldn't help the tears that began pooling in my eyes.

"Thank you, but that's not really what I want to know or talk about," I told her.

"Oh." A frown formed on her face.

I stepped closer to her and I felt so guilty when she flinched a bit. Seeing her vulnerable like this made everything around us crumble. I just couldn't believe I did this to her. She used to be so bright and bubbly, now she was just sad and distant.

"I'm so sorry," I said, and the surprise on her face was evidence enough to show that she was not expecting the words at all, or this soon.

"For my reaction... for everything," I continued when she stayed silent. "I know I'm hurt, but it's not fair to you to be treated this way, especially by your own daughter. I was just too emotional and too angry to think of anything else on how to handle the situation."