Chapter 58: Getting somewhere

Sehun's Point of View

No one seemed to be in the library so I told Jungkook to secretively place the year book inside his jacket. We both began to walk out with ease, but when the old librarian caught us, thinking we were suspicious, he called for us to come over.

Jungkook and I exchanged glances, and slowly headed towards the counter. Once we were stood in front of him, he alternated his gaze between the two of us.

"Why are you both not in class?" he asked. He must not have recognised who we were, even with our disguises on.

"Oh, uh, we don't actually go to this school, sir," Jungkook suddenly blurted and I turned my head to him, trying not to glare.

"Then why are you in our library?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms over his chest.

"We have a friend who goes here," I said. Technically, it wasn't a lie.

"She just wanted us to check something for her," Jungkook continued, and this time I nudged him lightly on the arm.

"I wish I can let the two of you off the hook, but since it's school hours and you don't have a visitor's pass, what you did is technically trespassing," the librarian informed us, getting ready to pick up the phone.

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "Before you call the principal's office or the police, can't we ask just one question?"

"Fine," he sighed.

"Is there anyone at this school who has the initials 'HJ'?" I asked, feeling hopeful. Maybe we would get somewhere by asking.

"Look, son, there has got to be at least twenty students with those initials," he replied, annoyance obvious in his voice.

Well that was no help. I knew if we didn't ask anymore questions that he'd be calling whoever he was just about to call, but something told me that asking more would just prompt him to dial faster with those sausage-looking fingers of his.

"Oh my gosh, what is that?!" I yelled, widening my eyes as I stared at a far distance behind some shelves. Thankfully, the librarian took the bait and looked away from us.

"Come on!" I hissed to Jungkook, and we began to run out of the library, and then out of the school.

We ran for nearly ten minutes just to make sure we were far enough. After stopping in front of a juice bar, our stomachs decided to growl.

"Hungry?" Jungkook asked, trying to stifle a smile.

"You are, too," I said to him, chuckling.

"Let's get some sandwiches and drinks. My treat," he said, heading towards the entrance.

"No, I'll pay. I'm the hyung here," I told him.

"Alright," he agreed too quickly, skipping happily towards the joint. I then realised that he had used reverse psychology on me and he wasn't really planning on paying.

-

We ate as quickly as we could and headed back to my dorm to further our investigation. I had only five days left before I needed to return to tour and I wasn't going to let D.O-hyung or Eunmi down.

"Ah, crap!" Jungkook yelled the moment we sat down in the living room.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I missed our schedule," he replied, staring at the wall clock. "It must have finished at least half an hour ago."

"Damn," I lightly commented, feeling sort of bad. "What are you gonna tell them?"

"I don't know. I can't say an excuse since Rapmon-hyung warned me about our schedule," he sighed. "I literally just got jams from him and now that might be given to Jimin."