Chapter 26: Manager Hyung's ways

Third person Point of View

It has been almost two months since everything happened. EXO had made their comeback and their fans were still as wild as ever. The busy schedule kept them occupied and it was something that diverged their thoughts from going a sort of depressing path, especially for D.O. Although they were glad to have been performing again, deep down they knew it was just all an act that they were pulling off to not draw suspicions from fans. EXO-M, who knew nothing before, was feeling the same as their EXO-K brothers.

As EXO drove one Saturday morning pass the school EXO-K went to, they decided to stop for a little while and wander around in order for a bit of peace of mind. They walked around everywhere, went to classrooms, the cafeteria, with Chanyeol doing the talking mostly, and mostly about Sandy. When they got to their used-to-be classroom, everyone went inside and sat on the desks. D.O did not go to his desk, though, but Eunmi’s. As he sat down, he noticed that there were carvings on the desk, but what he noticed more was his name on it.

It said: “Kyungie-oppa, saranghae forever.”

There was something else written beside it, but it was scratched and it was difficult to make out what it said. D.O clenched his teeth and balled his hands into fists as he stared at the writing, he then ran his fingers over it and without even realising, tears began to brim his eyes. When his tear dropped, he shook his head and wiped his eyes.

Baekhyun, who sat on his right, noticed that his friend’s head was down and he felt obliged to know what the matter was. Carefully, Baekhyun leaned in near D.O, tilted his head and patted him on the back, causing D.O to look up at him.

“Kyung, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t know,” he replied, shaking his head.

“Why do you torture yourself, man? Don’t sit at her desk,” Baekhyun told him worriedly, while sighing.

“I miss her, Baek. I miss my weirdo.”

Your weirdo? Well… we are going to see her today since it’s the weekend and you know what Manager Hyung said, right? You’re not completely not going to see her.”

“Shut up, can’t I have my moment here?” D.O chuckled, before standing up and heading outside.

“What? What did I say?” Baekhyun laughed, and then following behind him.

The tour of the school did not last long because EXO still had a busy schedule to fulfil. They headed for their van and drove to M! Countdown, where they were greeted by many fans who were screaming and shouting their names enthusiastically. D.O had put on his ‘squishy’ self for the fans and waved and smiled at them.

The group was rushed to their dressing room as they had wasted time with the school visit. There was no room for chattering because EXO was to perform in twenty minutes, and considering that there was twelve of them, one could only imagine what stress the stylists were under. The boys, though, could only laugh at the situation for no apparent reason. Such kids, they were.

When it was time for them to perform their comeback song “Overdose”, fans were once again going wild, waving banners here and there, screaming names on the top of their lungs and whatever things fans did during their idol’s performance.

It was a great performance for EXO, indeed. After their comeback stage, they were huffing and puffing, and they felt good hearing their fans’ cheer again. Once they entered their dressing room to change back to clean clothes, they were welcomed by Eunmi and Manager Hyung. D.O was so happy to see her again that he briskly walked up to her and hugged her without even realising.