Chapter 28: Way back

Hye Jin's Point of View

I wanted to believe that there was nothing happening between D.O and Eunmi, but I knew I would just be lying to myself. I could see the truth clear as a crystal and I wanted Eunmi to be as far away as possible from D.O, but I knew I could not; at least not yet. I had to get closer to D.O somehow, just like I used to back then and this time I was going to make sure I succeeded. If I failed this time around, I doubted a third chance was going to be on the table.

So, here I was with my stolen backstage pass from the lanky girl I had encountered with earlier in the ladies' room, walking about the dressing rooms and wandering to find where EXO was. I was searching through hallways, which felt like forever, before I finally arrived to the right room. The door was wide open, but everyone inside were so busy that they did not notice my existence.

It was a beautiful chaos. Watching the boys, the managers and the coordinators run around inside was a sight to be seen, for me, that was. It could have only meant one thing: they were late. I did not know why but I liked observing catastrophe, maybe it was because of the fact that it made me feel so much better about myself and my life. There was nothing wrong with that.

As I continued to stand there, something irksome caught my eye; Eunmi. Just the sight of her alone irritated the life out of me and now, watching her in the same room with EXO, with D.O, really only added fire to my already burning hatred of her. She was assiting some members and when she went to help D.O, I just felt like exploding.

That b**ch needs to go, I thought and balled my hands into tight fists.

It took about eighteen minutes for the group to get ready and when they came out, I was already on their trail, watching every contact D.O and Eunmi made with each other. There were some nudges here and there, and some small talk, but I could not really do anything about it since the other members and staff were around them.

Right before EXO went on stage, D.O approached Eunmi and held his palms in front of her, holding a smile on his face. She stood there confused and asked him what he was doing, and he replied,

"Slap them for good luck."

I almost did not want to believe my ears when he said those words because at that moment, past memories flooded my mind and it did not seem to go away. It were those that scared me the most because one could not run away from memories, they were just there like permanent tattoos.

-

The bell rang and everyone groaned with the thought of P.E being our next class. I feared P.E because it meant that the people in my class did not need to find any excuse to bully me. In P.E, nothing was on purpose, just accidents. But, I was glad that it was not only me who felt this way.

There was Do Kyungsoo.

We were both the weaklings in the class, the underdogs, the pushovers, the nobodys. The other kids bullied him more than me, though, because Kyungsoo was the one who always believed that he could do something much greater and they teased and bullied him about it. He was smaller than I was, but we both felt small nonetheless.

In our class, we only really had each other, but I did not think Kyungsoo felt that way. To him, he was always alone, like there was no one else in the world but him. I would make friends with him, trying to get closer, but every time I did, he would just push me away. For someone who was bullied, he sure had guts to ignore those who wanted to be friends.

As we made our way to P.E class, Kyungsoo had quickly snuck away and, of course, I followed him. At first I was confused on where he was going because he made four right turns, but I figured that he only did that to make sure nobody was following him. I was very careful not to get caught, though.